Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So Far Away... (8)

"You always have the biggest heart,
When we're 6,000 miles apart..."

In exactly one week, just as Fortune predicted, it will be one.

I don't have to work until Saturday! Woo! I've got loads to do around here, so it's good that I won't be distracted with work.

I'm thinking so hard on quitting McD. Last night I was about 2 seconds away from walking out, but that would have left Jennifer with literally no crew, and I won't do that to my best friend. Every other manager has it in their heads that I should be doing front line/register and this McD has the "old system" compared to the "new system" that I learned on at the last McD I was at.

The last McD, the register I learned on, had literally like pictures of a Big Mac, for a Big Mac, a picture of pickles, for pickles, picture of a Coke, for Coke, etc... this McD that I'm at now has just page upon page of words.

Now, like I said, I learned on the last register, so Jennfier and I would be like the only two people there who know how to do it when this McD transfers to the "new" one, you know? Well, Jenn told me yesterday that I like, HAVE to learn this register. So yesterday they put me on front counter and every time I had an order it would take me literally close to a minute to find each button... some guy wanted a snack wrap and he should have just ordered a double cheeseburger, I know where THAT button is!! I had to ask Jennifer where the snack wrap button was.

After work I explained to Jennifer why this system is so hard for me. It's basically like school all over again, let me explain this to you.

Some people learn differently than others. I am one of those people. No, I'm not retarded or anything, but I just take a different approach to things. Teachers teach very left brained and I'm naturally a very right brained person. This computer is very left brained and I'm the opposite. Jennifer's good at this register because she's a left brain, I'm good at the other register because I'm right brained.

The blandness of this system (all one color, whole pages of words like a book) activates my ADD and no matter how hard I try to concentrate, the only thing I see is a page of words and none of them really make sense to me.

Sure, with time I will understand the register, but it's probably going to take me longer than they want to give me. I learned the other register in a day. It's just all about the way I learn.

I totally just made myself sound retarded, but whatever.

So I was thinking about quitting... then this white trash bitch went on break and I got to do window and "present" the food and I was instantly happier.

I'm thinking about getting on at Jennifer's other McD too... just a thought. ;-) Maybe I'll stay on one or two days at this one just for my insurance.

Pic of the Day:

Naw... two tomorrow.

xoxox

1 comment:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.