Thursday, May 8, 2008

She's Not Me -- 6

"California, knows how to party..."

Sorry I didn't get an update in yesterday, it was pretty hectic. I got my check and I was -- well, quite disappointed. I literally have $20 to take to LA with me. Word. Jenn's Western Unioning me some cash the day I get there... ya.

I had 2 photoshoots today... one was great and one was a scratch.

The other day I got a new outfit to go to LA in, I'm pretty stoked, it's cute! I love plane outfits!!!

So the other day I stayed up until 7a because I was obsessing over dead celebrities and their stories of tragically dying in Hollywood. There's the obvious ones, like Sharon Tate, Chris Farley, John Belushi, etc... but then there was one that I'm really obsessed with now.

Peg Entwistle

http://www.franksreelreviews.com/shorttakes/hollywoodland.htm

She commited suicide off the Hollywood sign when she was 24. Tragically amazing. She still haunts the sign today. Incredible. I have no idea why I'm so fascinated with her now. Perhaps because she was amazing and had these incredible hopes for herself and hey, if you can't be famous, be infamous.

"I am afraid, I am a coward. I am sorry for everything. If I had done this a
long time ago, it would have saved a lot of pain. P.E."


I was also fascinated by Dorothy Stratten... but you'll have to read about her on the end of that site link I gave you.

Tomorrow is 5.

Pic of the Day:

My favorite outtake of the day - http://i29.tinypic.com/678u43.jpg

xoxox

3 comments:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

email me when u got spare time. im home now and i have good news. plus we still need that date, even a lil one before u jet off to the land of glam.

luvs u x

Anonymous said...

yeah I read about her too, that's weird. Its the whole fate thing, I swear lol. We had heard something about her when we were there so I was looking her up one night at the hotel. She's the reason no one is allowed up to the sign now. You used to be able to hike up and take pics. Wish you still could cuz that'd probably be the coolest thing in the world to see Hollywood, Bev Hills, and LA all from that sign. Breathless I'm sure!

loveu, Rae*