Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm Kicking Asses...

"Well I learn to love myself
and I don't need no one else
and when love moves on as it gets cold
well then love moves in and it can fill the hole,
well I'm one more hopeful lying on the bedroom floor,
no sense trying,
When the whole thing drops, you lose your nerve,
I hope you get what you deserve..."

Music is not a democracy.

That's just one of the many things I learned on my trip to LA. The trip was absolutely fantastic, and although Fortune and I had one actercation while recording, he informed me it was the norm for musicians working together. The rest of the week went perfectly.

I didn't end up doing my vocals (for 5 songs!!!!) until the day I left for home, I just knocked them out one after another... it was pretty sweet.

Here's the songs that we did and a short synopsis of them.

"What's Wrong With You" - obviously my signature song, I think you know this one by now, Girl who takes advantage of another girls trust, completely ruins her life and all you want to say to her is "What is wrong with you?!?!!"
"Treat Me Right" - a song about loving a guy because he treats you probably better than you deserve to be treated. He does everything at the right time, and always says the right things. He's perfect.
"Shark" - Some of y'all have heard Shark before, it's about a guy being a playboy. He's the opposite from the Treat Me Right guy. He's the guy that says you'll share the rest of your life together and he'll buy you a mansion in Malibu just to sleep with you and he ducks out after he gets what he wants.
"Empty" - Empty is about the girl who knows she's better than the guy, she knows she's awesome and that's why he's with her, but in the end she finds out that he was using her just like she was using him.
"Mommy" - My life in all the words I've never been able to say.

Truth?

You won't be hearing the songs for a little while to come. Fortune's going to continue working on them in LA (since I won't up and move there like he keeps BEGGING me to!) and then he's going to come to KC to do the absolute final vocals.

The flight home I had was delayed an hour, that's alright though - I love airports. I got a Starbucks and got online, I was sitting across from this boy and girl, maybe a little younger than I am, and we bonded after someone was fucking with LAX's PA system -- something about the Lakers and the Spurs. It was pretty fucking funny!!

Then I called Jenn to talk to her after my David won American Idol and I said "something something Archuletta" and the girl gasped and without hesitation I said, "David Cook won." and she was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" because her brother or boyfriend wanted to wait and see it. I felt just absolutely awful. Seriously. It's all I could think of for the next half hour.

Then when I finally got on the plane (another row all to myself! Just like the way there, that was sweet.) I told the flight attendant man -- which, by the way, I always like to see male flight attendants, maybe they're gay or maybe they're secure with who they are enough to work in a predominately female industry -- anyhow, I told the flight attendant man that I wanted 2 glasses of Chardonnay, but not at the same time and he laughed. Now, this is the part where the flight attendant (female) asked for my $$$ on the going flight. He didn't.

After my 2nd glass, I tried to ante up and pay my $8. He said, "I won't take all of this, I'll just take $3" and he left my $5. I graciously thanked him. I love free booze.

While I was xanaxed and boozed I was feeling pretty freaking good and I was listening to my iPod, in which case I stumbeled upon Matchbox 20 and then began to cry my eyes out thinking that Rob Thomas wrote every song for me.

Songs that were written for me and what part gets me.

MB20: Bright Lights
"I've got a hole in me now, yeah I've got a scar I can talk about
and she keeps a picture of me, in her apartment in the city
Some things in this world, man they don't make sense,
Some things you don't need until they leave you, them the things that you miss
Baby, baby, baby
When all your love is gone, who will save me from all I'm up against out in this world
Maybe, maybe, maybe
You'll find somethings that's enough to keep you,
But if the bright lights don't recieve you
You should turn yourself around and come on home..."

MB20: Hand Me Down
"Someday they'll find your small town world on a big town avenue
Gonna make you like the way they talk, when they're talking to you
Gonna make you break out of you shell, cuz they tell you to,
Gonna make you like the way they lie, better than the truth
They'll tell you everything you wanted someone else to say,
They're gonna break your heart...
From I've seen, you're just one more hand me down,
Cuz no one's tried to give you what you need
So lay all your troubles down,
I am with you now."

MB20: Back 2 Good
"This don't mean that, you own me, well
This ain't no good, in fact it's always hell
Ya but things worked out just like you wanted to
If you see me out, you don't me, try to turn your head
Try to give me some room
I'll figure out just what I'm gonna do..."

MB20: You Won't Be Mine
"Take your head around the world, and see what you get, from your mind
Write your soul down word for word, see who's your friend, and who is kind,
Well it's almost like a disease, and I know soon you will be, over the lies,
You'll be strong, you'll be rich in love and you will carry on
No you won't be mine..."

They're were all written for me for different reasons, some about my love, some about just me. It's complicated the way he sings to me. Rob Thomas is a truly amazing song writer.

Anyhow, my love for Rob Thomas is another story for another day.

When I landed I was so happy to see Jennifer and Bella. I totally broke down and cried and then bawled like a little baby when Bella kissed me and was wagging so hard. Before I left she wouldn't give me kisses and then she saw me and she was so happy.

I have the biggest soft spot for that little Chihuahua!

What else can I put here? Jenn and I had a good day today... she loved all her gifts I got her from LA. I got her a travel mug, t-shirt, sea shells I picked up, post card (KIWI!) and Fortune got her a keychain! She loved all of them... I feel like I'm forgetting something...

Pic of the Day:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jennifer and I sent in our payments for our uniforms today for the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open today. Justin was seriously right, that's the longest name ever. Hell, Timberlake takes up half of that!

We're VERY excited for our week with Justin!

xoxox

2 comments:

Gemma said...

Im excited to hear the new material Jodie. u have NO idea ;)

Free booze is always a bonus, make sure that man is serving me one day k?

I dont really get the meanings of songs too good, so i cant really comment on the lyrics u wrote out.

Im glad bella is still ur freind! take her next time lol ;)

love u lots xx

Rae said...

I
CANNOT
FREAKING
WAIT
FOR
YOUR
MUSIC.

glad you had a successful trip! LOVE all you MB20 lyrics, cuz I adore them as well.