Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hand Me Down

"Gonna make you break out of your shell, cuz they tell you to
Gonna make you like the way they lie, better than the truth,
They tell you everything you wanted someone else to say,
They're gonna break your heart."

No lights.

As Rachel put it, it was a "forgotten bill" and not a local mistake. Unfortunately, the bill wasn't so much as "forgotten" as we're "broke".

In an attempt to be "honest" I'll tell you that Jennifer and I have not paid our electric bill once this entire winter. It's about $900 now. The electric company didn't leave a note saying that our bill had been disconnected, and although we have been rude to them not to pay it, they still have told us. Right?

Under the "cold weather protection" they can't legally turn off our electric when the 7 day forcast predicts it to be below, I believe, 40 degrees... it might be 32 however. Therefore, this entire winter we didn't pay our bill. We figured we would just pay enough to keep them on before March 31st (I get paid the 22nd) which is when the cold weather protection thing ends. So imagine my surprise when I wake up on March 12th and they're off!! I'm not too pleased. We don't have enough to pay them until the 22nd when I get paid, but that's a Saturday so I reckon they will be off until the 24th.

Today I had orientation at McDonalds. I hate McDonalds. It's crap. Every single person I met at orientation today smelled. They apparently don't know how to bathe. (Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to cold showers again. Of course, the last time our lights were off for two weeks it's was about 100 degrees outside -- even then the pure cold water wasn't so much "refreshing" as it was literally "breathtaking".)

The good thing about working for McD again is that I will have insurance. I loved when I got in a car wreck and Vicodin only cost me $4. There's so much that I really need to go to the doctor for. I also need to start seeing a psychiatrist. I need to have my own perscription for Xanax and anti-depressants. So if there's only one reason to stay at McD it will be medication!

Photo of the Day:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Me the first time I met Peyton, my friend Kristi's [adorable] baby boy. He's genuinely perfect.


xoxox

1 comment:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.