Saturday, March 22, 2008

As The World Turns

"hey, hey, I wanna be a rockstar..."

Ohh... yesterday I said that it was going to be a long day, and oh my, you have no idea. I got to work and they seperated Jennifer and I - she was in the back window all night... then they "trained" me on fries. I told them I had worked for this McD for a week and a previous McD for 6 months and I really thought that I should know how to do fries by then... but still they fucking taught me everything. They taught me how to work the hopper, drop the fries and where to drop them, when to drop them, how to take them out of the grease, how to salt them, how to make a small, medium, large...

Gawd.

If that wasn't bad enough I was then put on fries -- which didn't bother me so much as that I was basically waiting for 3 minutes and 9 seconds, taking them out of the grease and putting them in the holder. This chick Laura would come over and salt them and take the ones that she needed and then drop the next fry... so for a few hours I was just watching numbers go down and taking fries out of the grease... I WASN'T EVEN REALLY DOING FRIES - - - OR ANYTHING!

That's what made me the most upset.

Enough about that.

So we came home and were completely bored without electricity so we went downtown to cash Jennifer's check at this 24 hour check place and the dude talked forever about Jennifer's heritage. I have no idea why he asked her where she was born anyhow... it was completely random.

Then we headed to Chubby's where, unfortunately, it was Friday so it was packed from the bars. I got tots and an egg sandwich, but there wasn't mayo on my sandwich, so I was trying to find my white trash waitress to get me mayo and some more water, since I had been out since I got there and she was no where to be found.

It wasn't after I gave in and took 2 bites out of my sandwich that she came from in the back with some dude. (I think they were doooooing it.) Then she looked around and asked us, "did you see them leave?" Jenn was like *scoff* "no..."

She went up to one of the police officers in Chubby's (on duty) and they both walked outside to find the people that walked out on their ticket. Then I said to Jennifer, "now my waitress isn't even in the building!"

She came back and finally filled my water and bitched to us about the walk out... like I'm going to be sympathtic towards you when you've been a shitty waitress to me... I don't care you have to pay $11 from your tips for the table... that's not my problem - you should be more attentive. We paid our bill and left. No tip for you.

People need to earn tips from us, and not paying attention to my water glass or coming back to see if everything is alright is not earning a tip from me. That's just how I feel.

Pic of the day:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jennifer and I right after Justin's HBO special last August in NYC. My eyes are red because this was taken, literally 2 minutes after I touched him. :-) Best moment of my life. This is one of the best photos of me and Jennifer.

xoxox

1 comment:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.