Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Could Drink A Case Of You

"Do you always trust your first initial feeling?
Special knowledge holds truth bears believing
I turned around and the water was closing all around like a glove
Like the love that had finally, finally found me
And I knew in the crystalline knowledge of you
Drove me through the mountains
Through the crystal-like clear water fountain
Drove me like a magnet to the sea,

How the faces of love have changed turning the pages
And I have changed oh, but you... you remain ageless..."

That's my new Heath song. Nothing will ever compare to Mute Math's "You Are Mine" but that's just a new one to add to my collection of them. ;-)

In the last ten minutes I've had a wonderful day! You ever hear a song that reminds you of a song that you missed? Well for literally YEARS I've been wanting this song, but it's one of those things that you forget to download or buy... and finally in an instant I remembered! It was my favorite song when I was 4. Yes, 19 (OMG.) years ago. I seriously can't believe that I'm old enough to say that... I kinda just freaked out a little bit.

Anyhow, Roxette's, "Dangerous". I had this bright blue tape of their single and I remember making my Mom play it over and over again. I finally downloaded it and it brought back such happy memories. Of course, now, 19 years later I can see that the song is actually about prostitution... oh the wonderful 80's. Go download it. It's fabulous. (It's hard to believe that song came out the same year that Rae was born. Rachel, I'll send you the song if ya want.)

So today something fabulous happened... first off, let me start my story with, all through school in Wamego there was this witch... did I say witch? I meant bitch named Jessica. She practically made my life a living hell. But she didn't do it by throwing rocks at me or anything, she did it by just being condesending to me and pretending she was better than me. It irritated the piss out of me. She was miss goody two shoes, she had everything and would just ignore me, basically. I had no idea why... I tried hard to be nice to her, but nothing... I had to invite all the girls in my class to my first grade birthday party and she was the only one that didn't show up.

Anyhow, I moved away, life moved on, I got Facebook -- I tried to add her to Facebook and never got accepted, finally one day I said to myself, "what's wrong with this girl? What did I do to her that was so awful?" So I emailed her and this is what I said...

Hi, Jessica -- Jodie Platz here -- we went to school together from K-5th and it seemed throughout all those years you did your best to avoid me and ignore me.

In first grade you were the only person I invited to my birthday party that did not attend. Yes, I have held onto all of this for all of these years. I don't remember what grade we were in, but I was sitting across from you at lunch, around 4th grade or so, and you made fun of me since I had never been on an airplane...

I have tried multiple times to add you as a friend here on Facebook, only to get rejected each time.

It's not that I want to be your friend per se, but I've added everyone else, and I thought that perhaps we were past childhood rivalry, or whatever you want to call it.

The only reason I've ever thought a bad thought of you in all the years I've known you was because you never gave me the time of day.

All I want now is to know why... what did I do to you that was so awful as a child that we were always like water and oil? I think you're very beautiful and you were always well liked... I may not have been the most popular girl in school, but I definitely wasn't the outcast.

It just doesn't make sense to me now at 23... I'm just searching for some answers to mend the past.

Thanks for your time, I hope you're well and enjoying life.

xoxox

Jodie Platz
I sent that August 30th and then finally today I got the answer I was searching for. It made me cry.

Jodie,

Let me start by saying I apologize for all the hurt I've caused you. I know that the person I was when I was little was not always as kind as I had hoped and I am sorry that my own insecurities were take out on you. Secondly, I am in no way trying to avoid being your facebook friend. I don't get on facebook but maybe once every few months. I have added you as my friend and will look forward to seeing how you are doing!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to apologize to you, sorry again for any hurt over the years.

Jessica
I think that was the strongest thing I've ever seen a 23 year old say. She admitted to her faults and apologized to someone she didn't like as a child. It was just remarkable. I completely admire her for that. I am so happy that this part of my life is in the past. It really had torn me for the longest time. I can't tell you why it did, but it did...

Is there anyone you wish this could happen with?

Well that's enough substance for today.

Pics: Quotes: Enjoy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I thought this guy was cute! ^^
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I loves it. ^^
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
;-) Soooo true for you. ^^
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Right Rae? ^^
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
^^ that's a great one. So true for me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Word bird. ^^
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
That ones for Gemma... ^^ Spitch.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
So. Me. Whoa. ^^
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That's enough there, no clip today, bitches. ;-)

xoxox

Chloeeee.

2 comments:

Gemma said...

im glad u sorted it out with ur school freind .. theres a few id like that to happen with but la LOL

i LOVE the quotes! i was JUST this minuts looking at those kinda quotes myself lol

i love you

and ya.. i, WE will make it happen ;)

Anonymous said...

hm. There is one special quote that kind of reminds me of someone :-| not sure if you'll know which one it is, but yeahhhh.

Love both Marilyn ones and I agree with her 100% on both :) [I think there were only 2?]

Oh, the wonderful world of Hollyweird...our future home, for some crazy reason ;)

Love you fate.

-Cookie