Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You Will Be The Death Of Me

"I think I'm drowning,
Asphyxiating,
I wanna break the spell,
That you've created,
You're something beautiful,
A contradiction,

I wanna play the game,

I want the friction,


You will be the death of me,

Yeah, you will be the death of me

Bury it, I won't let you bury it

I won't let you smother it,

I won't let you murder it..."


Something new!!

I've done lyrics/song of the day long time the times of xanga and livejournal, but now I'm going to start with playlists as well. Please please please take the time to listen to the couple songs that I post onto a playlist for y'all. I'm taking great consideration into the songs that I post.

The first song on the playlist will be the song of the day/the lyrics posted above...

I'm not sure how many songs I'll put on each playlist/blog, but I won't put a whole lot and I'll try to make them songs that go with the post of the day (of course) and songs that you perhaps haven't heard. (I loveeeeee introducing people to new music.) I've downloaded about 320 songs in the past two days (crazy, right) and I am sooo anxious to share new music with you.

I think I've decided on 5 songs per playlist. It's not really worth it to have a shorter amount, but any more and I doubt you would listen. PLEASE LISTEN. It'll be worth your time, I promise. Who doesn't love new music??

There's only a few gifts that I have to offer this big ol' world and I've always had a knackBold for being able to love and spot great new music. My step mom once said when I was about 14 that I should work for a label as A & R. It's not an awful idear.

I can't get enough of Muse right now. Their songs are absolutely incredible. Each one is so different from the last one... so much so that I was just playing their tracks and each time a new track would come on Jennifer would say, "who's this?" "Muse." "who's this?" "Muse." "who's this?" "...MUSE!"

Twas funny.

So about yesterday's blog about moving to Connecticut... I talked to my Mom today and she had talked to Alex last night, apparently... This wasn't a well thought on plan on her part. I guess it was spur of the moment. He's 88 years old and is family by marriage to my mom's Aunt Joann, who passed last year. She's my grandma Janet's sister... Anyhow, my mom is going to go up to the NYC area where he lives to see him with Pam because Pam has a good friend up there and then I guess we'll see where that goes from there... so far, I believe all of this talk is on hold.

That doesn't change the fact that Jennifer and I want to move. Today Jennifer is going to talk to her mom about moving/the house/etc... I am nervous... I guess I don't really know what to expect out of this entire month. We could live in another place as soon as a few weeks. It's all really up in the air, I hate not knowing.

...ew I just threw up in my mouth a little bit... gross.

Speaking of throwing up. [Bad segway alert] I have got to get on another "diet". I've just been stuffing my feelings full of food to make them go away and I've gained back all the weight I lost last year. I wasn't entirely surprised, although I hate to see such high numbers on the scale... Anyhow, I keep making retarded excuses for myself on why not to "stop" eating. I need to start it out with a week fast, me thinks, because I am so full of toxins [and food] that it's all crusting my vision. (Not in the literal sense)

Playlist:

1. Time Is Running Out - Muse (Incredible. That's practically the only way I can describe it.)
2. Never Think - Rob Pattinson (If you haven't heard him sing... click away! There's a 1 min intro if you wanna fast forward, but then you'll miss him playing the guitar! haha!)
3. Decode - Paramore (I can't decide which Paramore song I like more on the Twilight soundtrack, but I just love to turn this one way up in the car and BELT IT.)
4. Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron & Wine (One of the most original songs I've heard in a long while, one of the most beautiful compositions I've heard ever.)
5. Violet Hill - Coldplay (Rawks. The End.)



Please take a listen and let me know what you think... at least what you think of the playlist idea... something, c'mon people!! :-)

Pic:















*click for bigger*

Still not getting easier.

Comments rawk my fucking face... ohhh!! One more thing!! Who would like to see a Jennifer blog? (No hard feelings to those who don't answer this or say no...) I'm trying to get her to open a blogger.

xoxox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant believe how many songs you have downloaded in like 2 days. I best be getting a cd of some of these face rocking songs pretty soon. I can only listen to the Twilight soundtrack for so long. lol

Love you,

Jennifer

Vessy said...

I like Muse :) They are cool, the song you posted from them is amazing. The whole playlist thing is a great idea, cause I like to get to know new music :)

If Jenn starts to post blogs, let me know, cause I will read :)