Friday, January 30, 2009

Best. News. Ever.


"Ever carry the weight of another?
For how long...?"

I had actually debated on whether or not I was going to blog today, then I got an email that sent me over the moon...

I didn't tell anyone, and I almost didn't tell Jennifer because I knew she wouldn't really be too supportive -- but Mix 93.3 had a contest on their website where you could enter to win a LapBand procedure... (It's a weight-loss thing, not as risky or dramatic as gastric. Click the green <--- to learn more if you still don't know what it is and all that. Anyhow, so I entered this contest and that was a while back, I emailed to follow up a few weeks ago, just asking if they had chosen a winner yet - I was sure it wasn't me, because I obviously hadn't heard anything. But! Today, I got this email:
You recently entered the Mix 93.3 contest with Malley Surgical Weight Loss Center and NewHope Bariatrics. We received over 1200 entries!

We are sorry for the delay, I know many of you have called asking for updates. The number of entries was far greater than we had anticipated. I personally have spent countless hours reading through all 1200 entries.

I am VERY excited to let you know that you have been selected as one of the top 100 finalists. I am currently trying to reach you to schedule a time to come in and interview with me. I am starting these interviews as early as tomorrow.

Please call me at 913-***-**** or 913-***-**** and I will get you scheduled.
I basically pissed myself.

I have an interview on Monday at noon!!!! I'm so nervous!! Even if I DON'T get picked for this procedure, it's still a nice lil pick me up to get chosen as one of the top 100! XD

I'm sure with the top 100 they have to find the 'perfect' candidate. They are going to want a flawless procedure... So, I don't know if I'll qualify for that or not, but I really hope that I can be what they're looking for.

When I called to schedule my interview with the chicka she said there were only like 4 days to pick from, so I think they're wanting to crank out the interviews ASAP and pick a winner fairly soon. That's a yay!

God... this would be... lifesaving... literally...

Onto better other things. LOL

I think this hotel bed is too soft. I think I prefer a firm mattress. I'm used to the couch now... which, was recently starting to hurt my back, but when I'm in a bed, I'm in my futon... so ick. I need something more firm than this. I feel like I'm sleeping in jello.

Oooh, wouldn't that be fun?!

Not...

So my mom forwarded me something from FailBlog - a nice way to spend 10 minutes to 10 hours... I've been through 150 pages of Fail. LOL Here's some of my favorites.


You shoulda seen the look on Jenn's face with ^ that one!


I love this picture ^ for 5 reasons.
1. The first guys face.
2. The 2nd guy is holding his nuts.
3. The 3rd guy is totally cool when he's the one who's fucked.
4. The 4th guy is totally safe.
5. They put their "fat friend" on the bike!

What's that ^^ tell ya?? LOL







LOL









That's soooo my last computer!

So, I was showing these to Jennifer, and Bella goes over to the power strip (I asked Jennifer to bring it home last night -- it was NOT plugged in) and licks it... I said, "Fail."

LOL

Playlist - Weight Related:

1. Overweight -Blue October
2. Someone I Once Knew - Dead Celebrity Status
3. Skinny - Filter
4. Ana's Song - Silverchair





Get a playlist!
Standalone player
Get Ringtones



xoxox

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo thats awesone u got chosen in the top 100.... wow.!!

fingers are crossed for ya. :)

those pics were hilar... i love em!

we'll date another time since Monday is no good now

xx
gem

Vessy said...

Wow, being one of the 100 is amazing, I hope they pick you! Good luck!
I love all the FAIL pictures :D

Anonymous said...

Wow im sooooo excited for you! good luck! dont be nervous!