Saturday, October 25, 2008

When I Grow Up

"When I grow up,
I wanna be famous,
I wanna be a star,
I wanna be in movies..."

Things I want to be when I "grow up"...

Can you believe people still ask me what I wanna be "when I grow up"? When will I be fully grown? 24 in 37 days? 25? 27? Married? No... career.

Things I aspire to be:::

Married
Parent
Singer
Musician
Producer
Actor
Philanthropist
Owner
Rich
Supportive
Dancer
Philosopher
Writer
Journalist
Psychologist
Sober
Director
Photographer
Friend
Beautiful
Honest
Noble
Educated
Designer
Loyal
Lawyer
Entertainer
Californian
Wiser
Loved
Mature
Well traveled
Pink

Is there any way to be all of those things at once? If there is, please tell me what it is, so I can aspire to be that. I am having the hardest time ever trying to find my niche in life... I know that I'm not going to be rich and famous like Justin, and if I did, well then that would just be a blessing, but I honestly don't think that's going to happen -- honestly after my trip to LA all I ever wanted to be was a musician... I just want to complete my album -- I don't NEED the fame. Yes, I want to be rich, but I can make that some other way, it doesn't have to be by fame. To be completely honest, money isn't in the fame business anyhow. There's this old saying from producers and managers in entertainment to singers/musicians "I get to be rich, you get to be famous."

I would much rather have money than fame. I could care less about fame. I really enjoy my anonymity, honestly. Although there are times that I dream of the famous life, I more-so want the house in the hills, the Mercedes and the BMW, the jewelry and the invites to all the parties, money can buy me that, but fame cannot.

It's only 37 days until my birthday and every year that I get older it forces me to think about my future and what I want to do with my life... every year no matter what I seem to be in the same place as I was last year. Although I am closer to the end of my life than I was last year, I am closer to marriage, closer to kids, closer to desperate than I was last year... I am closer to everything, but one thing I am not closer to is a career -- sure, like I mentioned, singer/entertainer --- but where's the bread winner part? Where's my money?

Whom I Adore:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Justin: Fought for what he wanted his entire life, didn't let anyone tell him no. Lived practically the same life as me as far as family goes -- Musician, Singer, Actor, Philanthropist, Producer, Owner, Designer, Rich, Mature, Well traveled, Loved, Californian, Designer, Dancer... He never stops, he always wants more, always wants to better himself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Heath: His parents, teachers and everyone didn't believe that he could do it and didn't believe he would ever make it as an actor. They all believed he sucked -- Actor, Philanthopist, Parent, Rich, Well traveled, Loved, California, Director, Photographer, Sober, Beautiful, Californian...

What to do?

xoxox

Jodie Platz

2 comments:

Vessy said...

I had my birthday last week and I know how you feel. Can I give you one advice? Don't make plans, just live. Follow your dreams, but don't let them make you sad when you don't reach them. You are young, I know its normal to think about the future and to think what you did in your past, but don't let it stress you.
Ok sorry for my rant :)

Rae said...

The 2 of them are successful beyond words. There are millions of people in the world dieing to reach that status. I'm sure they both do and did realize how blessed they are. Sensational and inspirational<33