Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

"On my way I'll take the sunshine,
And on my way I'll take your dreams
On my way I'll say I'm sorry to no one but me..."

I worked my first day of work yesterday... I was really scared that when they said I was going to be doing parking that I would be directed traffic, which is unfortunately what Leticia got stuck doing all day... but Jennifer and I got to drive golf carts all day taking the amateurs from their cars with their clubs to the clubhouse... and yes, Justin and all the celebrities on the roster for the Pro Am are amateurs. ;-)

So I get there at 5a after only sleeping 2 hours... not pleased... find out what I'm going to be doing and I claim my golf cart... I never thought of a name for her, but I think she was an Angela. LOL

We had a list of which celebs were on what teams and what their tee times were. Jenn was tagging their bags with their names and their tee times and then I was taking them to the club house and answering any questions they had. It was a group of 8 or so total for the parking lot...

So first off I was super excited for the fact that I might get to meet Josh Duhamel. There was this guy, Eddie, who was running it all and he took Justin to the club house on Monday and said he chatted with him about golf and that he was really cool. There was this other girl (she told me her name twice, but I don't care to remember it, so I called her "icky girl") and she was working on Monday as well and she was mad at Eddie because she was supposed to drive Justin... yeah, well too damn bad. haha

So I told everyone I met him on Monday and how nice he was, showed them my pic and stuff and Eddie was like, "when he comes up here, I will send you." so I said something to Icky Girl about how I was gonna drive Justin and she said "you already met him once, that's not fair... we'll see." (So, ya, she didn't know that Monday was probably the 10th time that I had met Justin and that I was on his HBO special. haha.) And I told Jennifer that I was not afraid to "tho down." LOL

I couldn't stop thinking about it, though... what was this girl going to say to him? "OMG! I LOVE YOU!!" Justin's gonna hop out of the cart...

ANYHOW... I was waiting for Josh because he had a 7:10 tee time and as time ticked closer and closer to his tee time I worried that he wasn't there yet... I never did get to see Josh, or Josh Kelley because they did what they weren't supposed to do... just go in without checking in. Bastards. LOL

So Eddie was super excited because he wanted to drive George Lopez... well by the time it was his tee time Eddie had gotten called to be a caddy because they were short on caddies and George didn't even show up or call to say he wasn't coming!!

I missed Eddie all day long because he seemed to genuinely be on my side with Justin. But there was a guy named Paul from Liverpool with the thickest accent I've ever fucking heard... he was cool but he was kinda a loof... he would drive off to the driving range (we weren't supposed to go down there unless we were taking someone...) and he took pics of Justin with his cell phone... But wait... we aren't even to Justin's arrival yet, are we?

So after I knew Josh was already inside teeing off, I was looking forward to Justin, Chris and Luke Wilson's arrival.

This huge black Escalade pulls through the parking lot and my stomach drops because I instantly knew it was Justin. Sure enough it's him and I'm dropping someone's bags off at where they keep the golf clubs until play... so as I'm driving back he's walking towards me... okay, do something... say something... you'll kill yourself if you don't say something...

"Good luck today, Justin" I said.
"Thank you very much." He replied.

YAY! Then I was all smiles for a while. YAY!!

Jenn's experience with him was actually cooler than mine, although I was in a golf cart when I saw him, which is pretty fancy if you ask me. Haha...

So there were three people tagging golf bags and ALL THREE (including Jenn) sprint up to the front to want to tag Justin's. She's literally standing inches from the man and she says, "can I tag your clubs for you?" and he looks at her (with these total stunna shades, btw) and says "oh I need clubs for this?" and she kinda just stares at him and then he says, "I'm joking." LMFAO. Oh Jenn... hahaha... and then he points off into the distance and says that another car has his clubs.

So after Justin was there (oh which btw, we were offered to take our breaks and Jenn and I both didn't want to take a break until after Justin got there... Icky Girl took her break before Justin got there and totally missed his arrival... wow, she must not have done this very often.) I was looking forward to Chris' arrival... I just kept asking, "has Chris checked in yet?" People must have thought I was crazy... ohhhh, and I totally had to explain to everyone who Chris was. *sad*

So I'm scooting around like a mad woman after this asshole in a black Mercedes parks his car RIGHT IN FRONT of where the golf carts are supposed to go to get through and I'm trying to find another way to go around, because I'm apparently the only one who cared about that at all and finally I just moved the gate. LOL So I'm driving back to get in line with the other golf carts and Icky Girl drives past me with Luke Wilson in her car (he doesn't look pleased. LOL) and she gives me the end all be all of looks... she looked at me like, "oh yaaaa, that's right bitch, I've got Luke in myyyy car." and I look back at her like, "So?" LOL

Luke Wilson is awesome, he's by far the better brother, but c'mon --- Justin?! hahaaaa... I wouldn't trade my 4 words to Justin and his 4 words back to have Luke ride with me. You can have Luke.

These two huge black SUV's and a white van all pull up at the same time and inside I thought, "maybe Chris is in one of them... if not Chris it's someone important" and so I pull up in my cart next to the SUV as Ellen DeGeneres steps out with Portia.

I freeze.

She looks right at me and says, "hello." and smiles. I smile back and mumble something like "hi."

They step out with film crew and an entourage bigger than Justin's. (Portia is absolutely gorgeous in person. Her smile is heaven.) They pulled up to the front so they didn't need anyone to take them inside, plus, Ellen wasn't playing.

I drive back and park by Jenn who had to jump in and help drive people because we lost 3 of our people who had to be caddies. She gives me this smile like, "OMG you met Ellen!" and I just burst into tears... I tried not to, I really did -- but I couldn't help it... it's Ellen. She's one of those people that I never imagined that I would meet and one of the ones that means so much to me.

I think it's more about my mom, you know? I adore Ellen, my mom adores Ellen -- we quote her all the time to each other. "You lil goat!"

Later on Paul Harless arrived because he was actually playing in the tournament as well, and when I was looking at the list of players I am unsure on how I missed his name on the list. When he arrived I booked it over there because I wanted to drive him, of course. No one got to drive him, but I did chat with him for two seconds and then I took who was the lead player of the game which arrived with him. She was hella nervous and very pretty. She said that she wanted to throw up... I told her to breathe... LOL I think she was in 2nd place at the end of the day.

So later on I ate my lunch with Jenn (vegetarian wrap, twas amazing... hummus and sprouts!!) and then it was time for the first round of golfers to be over and we had to take them back to their car and drop off their clubs and then back to the clubhouse for dinner... well all the players that were coming out were either Pro's (which we weren't supposed to drive because they had caddies for that) or they wanted to walk.

This chick came up to me (other volunteer) and asked if I knew where a bathroom was... I said that I did and that I would take her there since I didn't have anything else to do. So I took her to the volunteer bathrooms which aren't port-a-potty's. LOL And then she went in to the volunteer tent to get a box lunch for a security guard on the Hill... meanwhile we were chatting about Justin and whatnot... she asked me if I was active in Pro Ams and whatnot in Kansas City and said, "No my BFF and I are here for Justin..." so then I told her about meeting him on Monday and whatnot...

She asked me if I could drive her up to The Hill (which is super far to walk) and I told her that I could - so I drive her up there and she runs the food into the Hill to the security guard and comes back out and asks me to drive her down to the 1st hole where her daughter was...

On the way down to the first hole I spot Chris walking towards me... So I slow down the cart and say "Hi Chris!" and wave and he smiles and says, "hey, what's up? How are you?" and I think I said "Good." LOL Then of course I freaked the fuck out because I finally got to see Chris!! :D

Later on Leticia (who got off at noon and then decided to go back) and Staci (who Jenn and I have been online friends with and just now met for the first time) both said that Chris was ignoring all fans and didn't sign autographs or take photos. When people would hollar at him he would ignore them... So, even though that completely sucks, I'm glad that I said something to him and that he replied cheerfully. He looked fantastic.

However, later on I wish I would have said "happy early birthday..." Ahhh, next time.

Jenn and I got off work early and chatted with Staci and he friend, whom I believe was named Tammy? I think... haha and then we chatted with the Brit, Paul and finally Eddie came up to us at the end of the day and said "so did you ever get to meet him?" and we told him about our day with him. He said he took pics on his phone of him and I asked him to email them to me and he gave me his card and told me to call him... on his card? He words for Wells Fargo as the assistant vice president financial consultant -- if that's not a job title I don't know what is... Jesus.

Anyhowwwww... Jenn and I got off work and I hitched a ride on the back of a golf cart to the entrance -- it was awesome to just hang on and ride with the wind in my hair. We got back to the hotel and completely crashed. Just fell right asleep... later Staci and crew came over and talked for a minute and then they took the shuttle to the strip because they're staying at Planet Hollywood.

Leticia went to sleep at 830 or 9 and Jenn and I had a couple drinks, went down to the hot tub, saw Justin on the local news, and went to bed about 1030.

Tonight I think we're going out. Tomorrow does be Timbershow and after party... Saturday I think we're going out... fuck, we should go out Sunday too... why not? We're leaving Monday.

I'm so tired.

Pic of the Day:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I loves that man.

...more now than ever.

xoxox
















...but for those who are going to worry -- it's a different love than it's ever been. ;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, absolutely awesome.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, absolutely awesome!

-April (Lirpylayne)

Anonymous said...

by the time this week is over justin should be calling u by ur name..lol..im a little surprised by chris u would think he would be alot cooler since hes not in the spotlight living that "world" anymore that he wouldnt mind taking pics..or autographs..he should have known they would be nsync fans there! all of us gave our money to u over the years and ur living a cushy life so would it kill u to take pic!..lol.let me stop..maybe he was having a bad day..i hope u see him again and he takes a pic with u..i love ellen shes sooo funny she seems like she would be fun to hang out with..now just to play devil advocate for a min i think icky girl just got caught up in the jt frenzy..u know how women get over him..so dont take it personal..she just wanted her "moment"..she should have used her words better but i get it..lol.

Anonymous said...

its hard to comment on things that I already knew haha.

and like we talked the other day, I COULD say something, but I wonts :)

Love you and miss you, Cookie Monster

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a story and a half! What a bloody awesome day you had, Justin, Chris, Ellen. Just awesome!