Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Home At Last

"I try to think about rainbows,
When it gets bad,
You've got to think about something,
To keep from going mad
I try to think about big fat roses,
When the shit starts going down,
But my head is wicked jealous,
Don't wanna talk about it right now..."

We got home last night a little before 2a and I was smothered in Bella kisses. I am so thankful that Kristi watched the Bella while we were gone... I missed her terrible.

So lets see... my last blog was after the concert and the golf clinic... there's a picture floating around of Justin and I at the golf clinic, which is super cool. I just might have to make that one of my pics of the day.

As I mentioned in my last blog, I got Justin to sign my pass, but I still need to take a picture of that... geez, I have loads I need to take pics of...

Speaking of pics, I loaded most of them to my myspace. I still need to lighten and watermark some of them and I promised two Justin sites I would send them copies, so geez... so much to do!

Alrighty, the golf clinic and when Jenn got her pic with Justin was on Saturday and then Sunday, the final day - Jenn wasn't scheduled to work, but decided to anyhow -- seriously, this girl goes on "vacation" and works 6 days. That's ridiculous. (Btw, it's not "vacation" if there's a concert or Timberlake involved. He's work.)

Sunday was the final day - for whatever reason I didn't sleep very well on Saturday night and finally I went to bed 2 hours before I was supposed to get up... I set my alarm and was planning on being at the tournament at 11 or so... I hear my phone alarm go off and I was so tired that I was just like, "fuck it." and went back to sleep... a little while later I hear Leticia rumbling through things in the hotel room and I'm half awake - then I hear my text go off and Jenn says the defining words. "He's here."

I lunge out of bed and get ready in record time, looking pretty close to the best I've looked all week if I say so myself... and I get out the door and all that within like 10 minutes. I decided to go in the volunteer entrance because then I would be able to take my camera and cell phone -- otherwise they would have taken them from me, even though I have credentials. Bastards.

So I get in there and Justin's nowhere to be found... so I hang out with my new kid BFF's Nicole and Amanda who seem to adore me. They were pretty awesome and I have pics of them on my myspace. Their mom is who I was riding with when I said hey to Chris.

I have some lunch and head back to where Jenn was working as she was getting off work then we wander up to The Hill where I see my future ex-husband. His name is Paul and he's from Liverpool. I adore him. Later on, Jenn told me he's deporting in three years -- unless he finds a wife. I got right on that. hahaa...

Anyhow, Jenn and I are walking around and as we passed Justin's tent where he usually was hanging out if he wasn't on the course... I said, "Look in there and see if he's there..." as we passed it, I said, "was he?" She said she didn't look and as I turned back to look, his mom was enterting the tent. That's when I decided to camp it outside for the rest of the day. haha, I don't remember what time that was.

As Paul was about to go into the tent we asked if we could get a picture with him. He was very nice to me, yet again... Asked us how we were and what we had been up to and such...

Not long after, here comes Timbercrew. Nicole was sitting on my lap and I just plain lifted her up and set her on the grass next to me. Haha...

Justin's walking this way and I said to him, "Justin, can I please get a picture with you..." his bodyguard answered and said, "not right now, we'll be out in a few minutes and you can get one then." Justin stopped and said, "No, I can take one now..."

Perfect. Words.

So, I'm like, going to stand by him and he keeps moving around... (I think he was trying to find shade...) and so then I said, "right here..." as I pointed to Jenn holding the camera and I wrapped my paw around him. (My favorite part of the photos. hehee...) I may have caught him off gaurd or something, because then he said, "oh, alright then..." and laughed as Jenn was freaking taking the photo... so, I'm all smiles and he's mid-sentence in the pic... oh well, it's still adorable.

Right after the pic was taken he went inside. He didn't sign or take pics with anyone else for the rest of the day. I was it. How sweet was he to stop for me? The sweetest...

So then I of course look at the picture and it's fucking dark. I mean, like, dark dark. I can't see shit. I can kinda see me, but he's in a shadow of a tree and I can't see him at all. So then I start to curse myself, and Jenn, and Justin... and nature. (Nicole, 11, not so happy about this and keeps correcting me for saying "damn". LOL)

So now the plan is that when Justin comes back outside to ask him for another one and apologize because the first one didn't turn out. So we wait... and wait... and wait... and finally he comes back outside and by that time (2 hours later and a Pink's chili cheese dog -- for him, not me. LOL) I am okay and at peace with my photo. I am good at Photoshop and I need to be happy that I at least was lucky enough to GET the picture in the first place...

He comes out at like 430 or so to head to the awards ceremony after Marc Turnessa cleaned house... I set my camera on continuous and just took a shit ton of pics as he walked. Haha... fun stuff. He goes into the roped off area and then after he's gone and whatnot we ask our friend/other volunteer if we can use the restroom -- not to get into the area that Justin's in, we just really had to go. Haha... so we're like, standing there waiting for her to let us in and Mike (one of Justin's bodyguards) is all, "you guys are sneaky, get back here..." We had been chatting with him for several hours, since, well... there wasn't anything else to do. LOL We told him, "no no no, we're not trying to like, get in there... we just have to use the bathroom." So he gives us this look like, "I don't know..." then laughs and says, "well you've got the credentials, so go."

That was the nicest porta-potty I've ever peed in. Wow. Still small, but wow. (Pics on myspace)

After the tournament and awards were over there was a final volunteer party... 2 kegs. Say no more, I'll be there. We went down there and waited for Marc to show up -- Justin was invited, but was exhausted and didn't come... but, I got Marc's autograph on my volunteer credential and I got wasted with Paul and Phil... I had so much fun!!!

This was an amazing week, not only because I got to spend nearly every day with Justin, but because I met some great people... made some friends that I will stay in touch with, helped out some AMAZING children that truly touched my heart and I actually fell in love with golf.

I can't wait for next years event! I can't wait to get more involved locally with the Shriner's, some children's hospitals and golf events...

Pic of the Day:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Justin and I as he handed out xbox's to the Shriner's kids.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Justin and I on the final day of the tournament. :-) We got our pic the first day, and the last day! YAY!

xoxox

1 comment:

Vessy said...

I'm so happy for you! But seriously you have met him enough :P give me a chance :P Thanks for sharing all this!