Sunday, October 5, 2008

Shine On

"Three little birds sat on my window
And they told me I don't need to worry
Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet
Little girls double dutch on the concrete
Maybe sometimes we've got it wrong
But it's alright
The more things seem to change
The more they stay the same..."

Picture post!!

This is going to be one helluva blog! haha... I've got fantastic news, I had a fantastic day and just fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. LOL

So yesterday I was living off of 3 hours of sleep when I finally made it into the shower. My plan was to straighten my hair, but I had the worst morning ever and so that didn't happen. My family arrived early, of course. I had just finished my makeup, wasn't dressed and was putting gel in my hair when they arrived.

So Jenn gave them all the grand tour... my step mom said she was jealous of my house... that was nice.

I got all dressed and whatnot and we left for the Renaissance festival. I gave my step mom the CD that I had made for her (one for Daddy too) and we listened to them on the way there. (On the car ride over there one of the first things my step mom says is that I look like I've lost weight...)

We got there not long after it had opened and we began to look around and shop and whatnot... eventually (which it didn't take long. LOL) my family became hungry and they all got something different from every stand. I got a pickle. LOL 0 calories!

We got our food and sat down and watched this show... this show has been around since forever, but my Mom hadn't seen it yet. It was my Aunt Laura's first time going to the Ren Fest and my cousin Miles hadn't been in years.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

he's a fire eater, then later he brings out his partner, Matt... who used to run the show and I helped out with when I was 9... anyhow, Matt walked on glass, which I got a video of and then the other one put his face in the glass and had a volunteer step on on his face. (got that on video too... LOL)

We walked around some more and shopped some more... There was a lady at a shop outside saying "Lotion candles!! It's lotion, it's a candle! It's both!" So we walked over there and sure enough... these candles were made from soy, shea & cocoa butter, avocado, Jojoba & vitamin E oil... they're all natural and not made from any animal bi-products. :-) That was a good selling point from me since earlier in the day I saw someone with a shirt that said "PETA - People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" Fucking eneducated redneck...

Anyhow... my step mom bought me and her a candle. I got a Yuzu scented one. ;-)

Walk, walk, walk and we came across my favorite jewelry store there. My step mom got a ear cuff shaped like a frog!! It's so cute! We came across a toy store and they had parisol's and fans. My step mom bought me one of each and got a parisol for my cousin Mollie who had to work and couldn't come.

Soon the parade came through... ;-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Guards for the King and Queen.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
King and Queen
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Later we went to the petting zoo, last year I got my picture WITH the llama, but this year the llama had had a baby!! It was a mama llama!! :D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lots more walking, lots more shopping... we went in the dungeon museum that showed all the ways that they killed people in the 1300-1400's. It was definitely weird.

They had these fountains, dragons, dragonflies, butterflies and bugs for sale...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I love that pic. It's gorgeous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This little girl was staring at the water, I got into my wallet and got a pennie and gave it to her and I told her to make a wish. She stood there and she held it for a while before her parents came by and tried to show her how to do it. She wanted to do it by herself, she was taking a long time to do it and I think she was just thinking of something to wish for... eventually she tossed the coin in and her Dad thanked me. My step mom whispered to me "sometimes you just make me so proud..."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Miles with his finger guard and his horns. LOL He bought Mollie a pair of cat ears that were pierced.

When we got there we were talking about what all we wanted to do and I suggested we go see the jousting, which I had actually never seen before... everyone agreed and said it would be fun. I asked my step mom if she had ever seen A Knights Tale with Heath Ledger and she said "I have the director's cut." I died. Right then, I died. We talked about Heath for a while and Miles chimed in that what happend to Heath was just awful and unexpected because he was "one of the greats of our generation."

So at 4 we went and watched the jousting. It was fab. I adored it!!! They introduced them one by one and depending which side you were on was who you watched... Our 2nd (the one who takes place of the main knight if something should happen to him) was cute, but then our knight came out and omg... his name was Sir Matthew and he was young, blonde and gorgeous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
the 2nd is in red and the 2nd for the other side is in green
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
In comes the knight for the other side.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our 2nd introducing our knight
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our knight...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
To like, get warmed up...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Getting ready to fight.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bowing before.

I taped the actual jousting, and I'll post it to youtube later. Sir Matthew lost. LOL He got knocked from his horse. :-(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My family... Laura is next to me, my step mom is in front of me and Miles is well... the guy. LOL

Pumpkins!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My parisol and I:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
They welcome you to bring your dogs... I wouldn't bring Bella tho, she would get way to tired.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wings for dogs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Okay, horrible angle on me... LOL Me and Mr. Miles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The fam and I once again... Jenn took this one. LOL Look at Bella. haha...

Alright... they left and went and had greek without Jenn and I which was just soo soo sad... but I think we're going to stay with my Mom before we go to Ingram Hill next month... shit I still need tickets... ahh... and then we're going to have greek and a Heath movie night.

So... onward. I registered to vote yesterday. Yay me.

Later in the night Leticia text me and asked if we had any passes to Prive -- I told her no and asked her why... she said that's where Justin was having his after party... I was like, "oh... well no... that sucks." LOL

THEN she said that tickets were only $30... sooooooooooooo... she bought em and we're paying her back when we get to Vegas in SEVEN DAYS. Which, is actually kinda fate since I got my refund from the state of Missouri back and it was $26. LOL haha... I love it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

From 10p-4a. Say whaaa?! hahaaa... Now, I'm hoping that I'll be busy at 10p since Justin's concert doesn't start until 9p... but... I'm waaay stoked!!! :D

Later I had to take a picture of Jenn for her pro-am badge since we won't be there Saturday when they're taking pics and I did her hair before hand and I just wanted to share the photo since her hair looks like sex. (She took mine too, but ehh. LOL)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BTW, Jenn got new glasses. LOL

Alright, here's my pic.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Alright now, that's all... love ya! I'll post links to my youtube videos when I get em loaded.

xoxox

3 comments:

Gemma said...

that fesitval thing looks sooooo much fun and soooo Great Britainy LOL

i wanna go now *stamps foot*

yay for the aftershow. i did think to myself if u had already heard about it ;)

urs and jenns pics look cute :)

Anonymous said...

well Jenn looks fucking hawt! Your pic is like way professional :) the Renn festival is awesome, we have one here too. Loves it! You look amazing and the pics were great! I love you lots

-Cookie...RAWR

Anonymous said...

What a great blog, loved the part about the little girl and fountain! I am very happy you and your family had a great time at the Renaissance Festival and sorry I lost the joust ;)

Best,
Sir Matthew the knight in Red & Black