Wednesday, September 30, 2009

End Up Where I Started








"I lied and told her I loved her, she didn't care, but anyway..."

Sorry I've been MIA - I was doing so good for a while there! Crap.

The past week has been hella. Just hella. Not hella anything, just hella.

Thursday I got my industrial piercing... tis badass and I love it.


The other day I had to go back and get a longer post put in because [almost] every piercing I've ever had (save for ear lobes, tragus and my nose) has swollen tremendously.

When I had my navel pierced it actually bruised the skin around my belly button. It was nasty. That was my first major piercing and I thought it was infected or something... Nope just swollen. My lip swelled as well, not bad enough to bruise, but bad enough to effing hurt like a mothertrucker and not want to eat or drink anything. The ear? It was weird to see it swollen. It was very red and very tender and when she changed the post it hurt worse than when I actually got it pierced. Insane.

The actual piercing was quite an experience. She marked my ear and all that and I had never had a cartilage piercing before, but I expected it to fucking hurt, you know? She did the top one (closest to my head) first... I guess my ear was kinda tough and she couldn't get it through, but even with a bunch of pressure on it from the needle it didn't hurt that bad...

But it did make me more nervous for the second piercing.

I had read that with the industrial piercing (which is one of the most complicated piercings... loads of people had problems and issues with them and they take twice as long to heal...) that after the first piercing all the blood rushes to your ear so the second one hurts more than the first. I didn't find that to be the case whatsoever. The blood did rush to my ear; I actually bled a lot with the piercing, (my tragus was messy too.) but it was worth it. (You can see blood in my hair in the above pic. That was taken right after I got it done, so yep, it's red.)

I think in about a year or so I would like to have an industrial in my other ear. I still want my tragus pierced on my left side as well... then I'm done with piercings. (I think.)

Today I got my tickets to the Twilight Convention. I hate the fact that the tickets had already been sent out when I found out that Jackson canceled. It hurts me to hold them in my hand. Burns.

9 days until Vegas. I was a little shocked when I woke up this morning, turned on my computer and saw that we were down to the single digits! Pretty crazy. I can't wait to take hella photos in Vegas. HELLA.

1 comment:

Genn said...

I love your new piercing, it fits you, ya know?
You are going to have a blast, sweetheart, I can't wait for you.
Next year we go together, just for the hell of it.
No itinerary.
Meanwhile,Nashville,can't wait, but I digress.
Your posts are awesome, I love them by the way, in case I don't say it enough,and your photography is amazing.
I'll "shup up" now.
I love you :)