Monday, September 14, 2009

Everything Ends


"Let me give my love to you,
Let me take your hand,
And as we walk in the dimming light,
Oh darling, understand,
That everything, everything ends..."

How do we like the new layout? New fonts, new colors! Revampage! I thought I needed something a little more reflective of the way I feel on the inside and right now I feel like light, cream colors. ^_^

I went icon crazy and saved a SHITTON of them, so no more repeats. I know I haven't used repeats much, there are still many icons that I have saved and haven't used, but now I have a new batch to dazzle you with.

So last night were the VMAs. I don't own a TV, so I didn't watch them, but I did get drunk on a live blog with people who were watching them! That has to count for something! I saw the "most talked about moments" today, so I don't really feel like I missed anything.

Last night was actually extraordinary. After the VMAs were over I talked to Genn on the phone for many hours. We talked about everything... Vegas... life... deep stuff... funny stuff. It was amazing.

I ended up taking my blanket out into the front yard and laid out there talking to her, drinking a beer and loving the moment. It was very picturesque. Laying under my oak tree, drinking, laughing, being 110% in the moment. That doesn't happen with me often, where I find myself completely enthralled in the now... Not thinking about later, not wishing I was somewhere else... just... at peace.

The song of the day is the new Death Cab song, "Meet Me On The Equinox" which is the lead single off the New Moon soundtrack. I've had it on repeat for almost two hours. (Yes... advance.)

You know, I almost hate that all my favorite bands do the Twilight thing. Then when people hear that I like them they assume that it's because of the Twilight bandwagon. Like Mute Math and Muse for instance? Loved them way long before the Twilight thing and now it's like all the fans of them are Twilighters. *rolls eyes* I don't really feel the same goes with Paramore, actually. Surprisingly. I love Paramore, and loved them before Twilight, but I do find a lot of long time fans with that band.

Now, I'm scared that the same with go for Death Cab. There's going to be all these 13 year olds with braces holding up the Transalantacism album going, "I loveeee this!" Meanwhile... no. Just. No. I've loved Death Cab for far too many years to see that happen to them. I swear I'll cry.

I'm not sure who else is going to be on the soundtrack. It's release is slated for October 20th. I am sure it'll be amazing, and I don't mean to bitch about the Twilight soundtrack - I actually think it was a wonderful soundtrack. One of the best I've heard since Almost Famous - it's the fans and their bandwagonisms that aggravate me.

Pic of thaaa Day:
Jackson in Dread. Slated for a Jan 2010 release.

I watched a preview/behind the scenes thing on Dread last night and before I was dreading seeing this film... (yep, I went there.) It's about using people's fears against them in what seemed to me an almost Saw-type way.

After watching this preview I was on the edge of my seat and wanted to see the movie, like NOW.

There was a part at the end of this three minute preview that had Jackson getting an axe... dragging it slowly up some stairs... and then it showed him taking the axe to a door. I literally gasped! (Then I rewound it like, four times...) It. Was. Amazing. I cannot wait to see this film!

1 comment:

Genn said...

I love the new light, airy page revampage sweets!
The VMAS were definitely an experience, *shaking my head* Kanye is a dick. Can I say that here? *looks around for the swear police*

Our conversation(s) last night were incredible, and rare. It was more real than our fun filled "delusions", very deep at points, very emotional at others.
I cherish that. I truly do.

I can't say that I'm a "Twilighter" or "Bandwagoner" either, if I meet those bands it's because mostly YOU introduce me to them, but then again I'm far from 13 lol

*Makes grabby hands* Jay with an axe??! How are you not contacting me from the other side??
My wants see!!