Saturday, September 12, 2009

Not A Toy




I put this plastic bag over my head to contain the air I was losing;
I don't think it worked.
I ended up suffocating as thoughts of you turned in my mind a hundred times,
If you saw me like this, naked, with a plastic bag over my head
My first concern would be that I'm fully clothed and you can still see through me
Your eyes burn like lava, coursing through me carelessly to parts I've tried to hide,
But still, you smile, unfazed by the nude and pleased only with yourself,
In situations such as these, I try to bury my head in the sand,
I fight the urge, wondering if you'll still think of me sane,
And because I still have a plastic bag over my head

From the inside I see nothing, just my breath getting shallow,
I start to wonder if you're still there as the world starts to narrow and my eyes cross,
I read the words backwards, trying to maintain focus and wonder if you think I'm coy,
I wonder just who they are speaking to with their fine print on every bag,
The last words that I ever read were pointed to my heart, "this is not a toy"


1 comment:

Genn said...

There aren't enough words in me to tell you that I won't let you fade away, that I won't think of you differently if you stand before me bare, naked. Nothing could ever make me think less of you.
Sometimes I don't react perfectly, but it does not mean that your name isn't written, no etched, into my heart.
So you have parts of you that you feel aren't worthy of love, those are the parts that I'll love twice as hard, twice as much.
Understand I don't want you to hide, to pretend to be something you aren't, each time we do that, we lose a little bit of who we are, and I want to know you IN YOUR ENTIRETY.
Maybe others before me have said it, and I'm fighting against their transgressions, that's okay. I won't just say it, I'll prove it.