Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Child That Looked Right Through Me



These thoughts are my chains,
Never bending or breaking,
My mind is my prison,
I have to live here forever,
Constantly under watch and scrutiny,
Always fighting for a breath of air,
The people surrounding me cannot see what I see,
They refuse to see what they think isn't there,
But I see everything,
I see the colors and shapes, I see the wind,
I see god and his children,
Because I take the time to take everything in,
Process and release, send it back to the windmill,
If I cried out to take her hand, would she even know I was there?
How can one person live for so long without ever living their life?
I press questions and buttons in a cavalier way,
Hoping for the best or the most random thing to say,
She could not be afraid of me if she saw me standing there,
I touched her face, I touched her hand,
But my soul just passed on through,
It'll take her years to understand,
That what she saw was true

1 comment:

Genn said...

This brought tears to my eyes.
There aren't words to describe what emotions that it evoked in me, please never say you aren't a writer because you are.
Any words that I hold so dear, that I possess aren't close to worthy of describing this poem.
I adore it.
I only wish I could reach out and take your hand, hold you near, or press my lips to your forehead.
XOXO