Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Clouds of Heaven




Being brought down to earth; what an unnecessary gesture,
I wished that I could stay up there forever,
My head in the clouds as I drifted along, just listening to you,
There's always those who and make it rain,
Trying to find a way to bring you down again,
It's not that I'm not realistic,
But to stay up there with you seems more idealistic;
There's no tears, no pain, there's not even any laughter,
There's just you, the sunshine and your music.

1 comment:

Genn said...

Spencer would have loved this.
To realize that you get so lost in his music (at least that's my interpretation), that you'd rather "be" with him, than to face the hell that this world so often has to offer you.
He is a beacon, a search light in the darkest of shadows, and chases away things that are scary making it not so hard to breathe.