Saturday, January 2, 2010

You Play The Guitar On The MTV


"Look at them yo-yo's,
That's the way you do it,
You play the guitar on the MTV,
That ain't working,
That's the way you do it,
Let me tell you, them guys ain't dumb,
Maybe get a blister on your little finger,
Maybe get a blister on your thumb..."

I need to practice my Dire Straits more. Ultimate goal is to be able to play the intro to "Money For Nothing" effortlessly. It's one of those songs that I was raised on, it's magnificent. Truly. Mark Knopfler is god.

Well, turns out the little "intruder" that we had on New Years Eve was nothing to freak out over... it was our neighbors cousin - he ran upstairs to get something from his cousin's apartment and didn't know which one was hers. Jennifer works with this girl that lives across the hall, so I guess it was harmless. However, still scary nontheless. I am happy to hear that it wasn't some completely random person, though.

Today I made a FormSpring account... it's where people can ask you question anonymously and you answer them. :) Fun times... ask me a question or 20 here.

Today we're getting our stove and our "ice box". I really hate when people call refridgerators an "ice box". Just a random pet peeve. I guess it's because I grew up calling it a fridge and I never heard "ice box" until I moved into the "ghetto" part of KC. Just sounds... strange. *pictures a box full of ice...* I also really hate when Jenn's mom says to "zap" something in the microwave. Then I think of bugs.

I feel like I'm on the brink of something, I am just not sure what it is yet.

Pic of the Day:
**DJ Action**
[[I kinda really just want to move that beer a little farther away from the equipment...]]

Last night the boys played a show at the Beauty Bar on Fremont in Las Vegas... Jennifer remembers the bar clearly from our last trip out there, I didn't remember it until I saw a picture of it today.

I am going through serious Vegas withdrawals. Jay had his 25th birthday there, then turned around a week later and celebrated New Years Eve in Vegas --- Jenn and I KICKED ourselves for not following through on our plan to celebrate our ten year out there, but we wanted to save money for the Monkey tour --- and then they had their show out there last night, after which they boys tweeted that "DJ Action" was going to be the DJ for the bar after the show... today they have a free acoustic set and signing at a record store.

There's so many things that I *want* to say about Jackson DJing, but I will just stick with that I'm fucking impressed and I hate myself for not being there. At least I know The Vegas is in good hands. ;) Tear it up, Monkeys!

No comments: