Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dear 100 Monkeys Fans







I am beyond moved by the reaction to my blog I posted earlier about 100 Monkeys. Your unwavering loyalty and support for the boys has floored me. It did not surprise me, but it floored me.

I am so proud for how much everyone has taken up for the guys; it truly was unfair that they did not get to finish their set and that they were asked to leave. They (The Hard Rock Las Vegas) conducted their practices unfairly and unprofessionally. However, I believe the boys handled the situation well and gracefully. (I would have thrown things... just sayin'.)

The feedback that I've gotten through comments on my site, my Facebook, the Chatter and my Twitter has been extremely overwhelming to say the least. I've been busy all day responding and replying. Someone (I'm unsure on if she wants to be named, so I won't say her name here) mentioned to me that the boys are not disrespectful and the Hard Rock Cafe of Las Vegas made them sound that way. I completely agree.

I have never before met 5 men who are more gracious, giving and downright RESPECTFUL than 100 Monkeys. They constantly look out for their fans, they take excellent care of their equipment and are beyond grateful to get to play the shows they play in the cities that they do.

I really hope that all of this can get put behind us as soon as possible. I am glad that everyone is now aware of what happened and how the boys were mistreated, but I'm sure that it's not something that they want to dwell on, so I'm thinking that if we all just get it out not -- bitch and moan at the Hard Rock for an apology and then move on to focus on the boys' amazement, that we'll all be happier Mnky fans. ;)

This is a memory that makes me upset when I think of it -- I get upset at how they were treated, how the staff treated the fans, how the staff treated their equipment, how the staff treated the boys... HOWEVER, there are a few other memories from yesterday that immediately make me *beam* when I think of them, so I do believe that I'll try and focus on those now.

I'm not saying that I'm "over" this, that it's all better and fixed now - I'm just trying to look ahead to the future. I know that RIGHTNOW this is such an important thing that 100 Monkeys fans ALL OVER THE WORLD want to deal with head on.

Here's a list of places that I am aware it's been posted:

Ten Gossip, as written by the ever-fabulous, Willow Raine.
Team j.action Facebook
Monkey Business 
Team Jacksper
Jackson Rathbone Online
Jackson Rathbone Source (from Brazil!)
100 Monkeys Chatter

If you know of a website or blog that has posted a link/my story, let me know so I can add it up here! Overwhelming, yes?!

My blog post has been RT'd countless times on Twitter - I don't have an exact number of how many hits that I got, but I know that it's been a lot. That is actually a really scary thought, if I can be honest with you. I know that by now, with how many times my Twitter name has been mentioned along side @100MonkeysMusic that they boys have read the blog. I just really hope that they're not upset about it, I hope that they're also thankful that someone put the real life account of what happened. I really tried to make it as accurate as possible.

(Jackson said that he wanted people to know and be aware that the Monkeys did nothing wrong in this. Well, I guess I did my part then, didn't I? I think this is one of those "be careful what you wish for" situations.)

I really just want them to know that I support and love them. Isn't that what we all want? We all want to support and love them and show them our undying gratitude for giving us their fantastic music and face melting shows.

Some people had asked, "well did anything good happen yesterday?" The answer to that is YES! The second show was so fucking incredible that half of my face is still missing from being melted off. They. Rocked. HARD. It was amazing. Yesterday I experienced shows 5 & 6 and last night's show was one of the best that I had seen - regardless of what happened, regardless of them not being able to hear themselves (I've been there boys; nothing frustrates me so much...) they still melted my face. I can't speak for everyone who was there, but I know that Jennifer, Crystal and Alissa and I all LOVED the show and we all said that we had never rocked that hard before in our lives.

So in closing - thank you 100 Monkeys fans for the support you give to the boys each day and then in turn, for coming here to read my blog, post your thoughts and retweet about it. You're insane in the best way possible. You're fucking amazing and you know it. I want you to know that I read and appreciated EVERY single time you commented the blog and every word that you took the time to say. I read every single tweet and if I missed replying back to you I deeply apologize, but know that you were not overlooked. Not in the slightest. You are incredible people.

Please keep rocking,

Jodie Platz

PS - I'm going to party tonight in Vegas for my BFF's 25th birthday celebration, tomorrow I'm spending the day in Vegas but I'm editing photos. I didn't get as many good ones as I did in Tulsa. Along with the sound equipment sucking major ass, the lighting was wretched, go figure. But! I will be seeing the Monkeys again soon... ;) Always an opportunity for new photos. I really liked setting my camera down and just rocking out, singing their words back to them last night...

3 comments:

Carina said...

Well said Jodie. Where are off to next 100 monkeys concert-wise? Safe travels & thanks for sharing your experiences and amazing photos.

Gemma said...

i miss u :((

Genn said...

Wasn't it amazing how everyone just pulled together for those boys? You were a huge part of that.
That should make you so proud, and warm your heart, I know it does mine :)