Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We're Going Down


"Am I more than you bargained for yet?
I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear,
Cuz that's just who I am this week..."

Ahh, Las Vegas... How I love thee, how I loathe thee... I wish that Las Vegas was a secret city that only a select few knew about and how awesome it is... I feel Chicago is very much like that. Most people have no idea how awesome it is...

Most of the time people don't know how awesome Las Vegas is, so it's always fucking fantastic to find someone who loves it just as hard as you do. [Insert sly eyebrow raise here...]

However, apparently EVERYONE knows how awesome Vegas is at the moment. After Tulsa we all (Jenn, Willow and I) decided that "fuck yes, we're going to see Monkeys in Vegas..."

Mnkys + Vegas = An awesome time that I will not remember the next day = WIN!

So we bought our plane tickets to Vegas, bought our Mnky show tickets and decided it wasn't THAT important that we go see the first Monkeys show... it starts at noon, meanwhile our plane literally lands AT noon... No biggie... We'd just go to the 21+ show later that night. (Those are more fun anyhow. *nods once*)

We didn't buy our return home plane tickets yet and I noticed on Southwest they were freaking edging us out... first the 1st went up to $281... that's fine, that's fine... we'll fly home the 2nd. So this morning I go to buy the return home tickets and the 2nd was $281... Well, fuck my life... so I'm staying in Vegas until the 3rd and meanwhile Jennifer is trying to either find a Greyhound or another airline... it's kinda becoming a pain in mah ass.

And then... last night I was on the computer and was just click, click, clicking things and totally decided that if the Monkeys and I are in Vegas at the same time that I HAVE TO SEE THEM. The end. So then we decided that we would not check baggage, get off the plane and fucking RUN to the Hard Rock in order to make it to the first show. :) That's love, boys... I don't run for anyone.

So we may not have everything all planned out, but who gives a shit. It's VEGAS. It's MONKEYS. Monkeys IN Vegas. The end. It doesn't get better than that... I'm freaking stokeeeeed and soo ready. 10 days.

We still have HELLA free VIP passes to Vegas clubs. I do believe we're hitting up Coyote Ugly again for Jennifer's birthday. :] T'will be greatness.

Dontcha wish your Larry was an Uncle, like mine...?

1 comment:

Genn said...

"OMG..." you know the rest.
My heart is definitely pitter pitter pat for the Vegas, and seeing it..
T minus ten days until Vegas, until my heart doesn't ache so fucking badly. Ten days. I just have to make myself breathe until then.
Even though I have a Coyote Ugly here I've never been, believe that or not.
I can't wait.