Saturday, January 23, 2010

An Open Letter To Las Vegas


"this necklace be the reason all of my dates be blind dates..."

Dear [THE] Vegas,

I would like to prepare you for what you are about to endure. You will have several highly intoxicated girls on your hands here in a week. You have one week to prepare for our visit, but I guarantee you that is not long enough.

You will rue the day that Willow Raine, Patty McAwesomeness, Jennifer Gammon and Jodie Platz all visited you together. Add to that mix 100 Monkeys... and us girls being there for The Monkeys... in The Vegas. Oh lord... we are what your mother warned you about.

This just got SRS. And personal.

In my previous post I stated that The House Always Wins and that you will never beat The Vegas, that The Vegas will always kick your ass -- but you'll always love it. It has been brought to my attention that I was wrong. I didn't foresee the current circumstance of last minute The Vegas trips with the collected awesomeness of all the people previously mentioned in this letter.

The world may implode from successive WIN!

Don't worry... I tell you what. How about we leave Fremont alone? We won't tear down Fremont. How's that for fair? And you know, you can keep Summerlin and all that... we're just taking down the Strip. ;)

Much love, hugs and kisses,

Jodie Platz

Pic Of The Day:

Normally... I do say normally... I would hate the fact that he's standing on a bed in his SHOES. However, I will let it slide this time because firstly: It looks like it's a hotel. Secondly: I'm sure he wouldn't do this to his bed at home...

Third, and most importantly:
He's wearing the Texas flag in his pocket.

PS - I do know Patty's last name isn't "McAwesomeness" I just didn't know how she felt about me posting her last name on my blog... so... I...uh... didn't.

2 comments:

Genn said...

I don't think I could have put it into better words.
You captured everything that I wanted to say in the confines of epic awesome, written in badass, and sang in the key of Fuck Vegas's life.
The Vegas will Rue the day we all step foot off of our respective planes.
It had better plan it's life accordingly. Much like your BFF.

The Illiterate said...

Why must we leave Fremont alone? I was told that there are 3-foot tall margaritas hiding there for $7 each. Don't deny me my booze, woman! Wait, that was silly. You would never deny me my booze. Please forgive my outburst. :-)

Love,
Patty McAwesomeness (lol)