Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weather Man




Clouds cover my day, I am filled with endless rain,
Long torn strips of sheets, soaked with my ethanol heart,
I cannot cry tears of joy or pain,
I refuse to feel anymore,
Breaking my habits has always been hard,
But breaking my heart never seemed easier,
The fingers I count my friends on are dirty,
And I refuse to point blame until I am clean,
I could take a hundred showers
And still never remove your scent from me,
The smell of your hair and your wintery touch,
Remind me of the spring and how I ached for you
I will not beg for you, though you know I can
You will forever change my moods, my weather man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People never grasp how much they impact another's life. It amazes me how little people think when they do things to hurt us, to leave us empty. Be it a friend or a lover.
A heartbreak is a heartbreak.
You portray all of that here, in this one piece. Amazing lovey.