Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Moon Trailer


The first trailer for New Moon has been officially released and it's epic. When I first saw it I stopped breathing, once breathing returned I cried, screamed and shook for 15 minutes.

Now I've probably watched it at least 20 times.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE TRAILER

I am sure this will be removed once Summit realizes it's up - but by then they'll probably have the full thing on MTV.com like promised.

Here's my dissection of the trailer.

It starts out as Edward and Bella pull up to her house in her truck where she asks for a kiss. Edward seems hesitant to give her her wish, so I think this happened after the birthday party once he's already decided he's not good enough for her.

Next, he tells her that she's the reason for his existence, which is an important part to the trailer/movie of course.

The birthday scene is next, and it's a little more off-white than I imagined, but it works. I love the candles and I love Chris Weitz directing thus far. His shots are incredible.

Here's where I have a few problems and a few compliments.

First off, I hate Jasper's hair and that's an issue for me.

I loveeee the shot of the blood as it hits the carpet. I love details like that. Some directors would have overlooked something so minor.

They changed the "incident" between Edward, Bella and Jasper. I kind of do like the Edward throws them both to separate ends of the room, but I really loved in the book how Jasper's empty eyes and snapping fangs were just inches from her face.

Jackson does a great job in his little spotlight. I love how the force from landing on the piano makes his head snap back. In slow motion it looks epic.

Rosalie looks soooo much more beautiful in this film than the last one. I think Nikki Reed might have also lost a little weight. She looks good though. (Don't lose any more!)

The breakup scene - or from what they show - I don't have any problems with except one small one -- why is Edward wearing the same blazer in all these scenes?!

Kristen Stewart looks a lot more beautiful in this one than Twilight.

Bella curled up into a ball after the break up, it was a nice lil clip to show her pain, but the trailer BARELY touched on her pain of being without Edward, so I look forward to seeing more of that in the film.

Laurent in the medow = perfection.

Taylor Lautner shirtless = oh wow.

Finally, Jacob's wolf. I have several problems with the wolf. It looks kinda weak and silly. One of my friends used the word "cheesy" which I think describes it perfectly. I do however love the transition from Jake to wolf with the shreds of clothes trailing behind him.

The fade in of the logo was epicness.

Overall vote? I approve.

1 comment:

Gemma said...

ok. ok ok ok. ok. wow. ok? ahha

i want more. thats all im gonna say, its NOT fair we have to wait til November. not fair AT all.

the bday scene? it better be better. cos i was disapointed. i was expecting growls and snarls off jasper too. grrrrr!

the break up? the book tells it better than the screen, but like u said, gonna be intresting to see more of that shot.

and the wolf? lame. they not big and tall OR warewolf looking.... that was a let down :(

ok. im done.

Edward looked dashing as ever. Bella DOES look prettier in this one too.

ok now im really done lol