Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy



I hope you’re happy that I’m sad,
When I look in the mirror I see your face staring back at me,
Your words resounding in my head forever,
There are parts of you that will never leave me,
I hope that you’re happy,
Take this as my leave, take your filthy goodbyes,
I have to turn as you walk away,
You will not see me cry,
The door is open as you leave,
As it is the way it’ll stay
I do not want to go,
There’s so much left to say,
For way too long you were my life,
Now I have to face another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pain. Angst. Carrying the remnants of this with you forever, because each experience we have in this life, from tiny to huge, alters us in some way. Unfortunately, it's not always something positive it leaves in it's wake. But you, my dear, are simply incredible.