Monday, May 25, 2009

Lessons Learned



I am a firm believer that iTunes is actually Edward Cullen and it can read my mind. Earlier today I was talking to a friend about Rob Thomas and a MB20 song popped up. Somehow when I don't want to think about a certain person, certain songs will play.

Today could easily be top ten one of the worst days I've encountered in a while. I should have seen it coming - and I did... I just was stupid and opened my mouth at times that I shouldn't have.

A friend gave me that advice, but it was already too late for it.

So here I am writing poems, talking to friends online and all around trying to keep my mind off of the things that happened and the words that were said today when this song played.

Ultimately, it's how I needed to see things. I am not better, but the song gave me a good cry and let me let go of a little bit. I won't be better for a while, I can promise you that.

::There's some things that I regret, some words I wish had gone unsaid,
Some starts, that had some better endings,
Been some bad times I've been through, damage I cannot undo,
Some things I wish I could do all, all over again,
But it don't really matter,
When life gets that much harder, it makes you that much stronger,
Some pages turned, some bridges burned but there were lessons learned::

Give it a listen if you get the chance.