Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lines



The lines between up and down are so thin I cannot see them,
There are lines between everything, it keeps them situated,
I count these lines and keep their distances, so that I do not cross them,
The lines between good and evil are blurred by unimaginable character,
Lines that hold our distance used to be closer together,
Now they've been replaced with my lines between drunk and sober,
The lines between love and hate are too fine to define,
And the lines between 'used to' and 'now' are somewhere between 'yours' and 'mine',
There's a few thin lines between reality and what you see as fiction,
And those are the same lines I use to draw myself a different description,
Your lines, my lines, they all cross the same paths,
But I've crossed your lines and my lines and now I never want to go back

2 comments:

Angela_Webber_ said...

Absolutely breath taking! I love it. As I always say, when life throws lemons at the back of your head, you make art, music, and ~poetry~! You should rock a stage with your stuff girl. ^_~

Anonymous said...

I love this. I don't think most people realize how thin the lines are between right and wrong, between love and hate, because truthfully, the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. Apathy. Not caring. You know? You say it so well here.