Friday, July 18, 2008

Why So Serious?

I saw The Dark Knight today and it was - incredible.

Since I was a child watching the old Adam West series, I've been obsessed with Batman. Even being Batman for Halloween a few times.

It was lonely going to the movie alone, but it was still incredible.

Let's talk about what was the best part, though... Heath Ledger.

His performance was tortured and marvelous. Some said his approach of method acting and his all around wickedness might be above some peoples heads as he played the Joker - but I don't think so. He made the Joker a person...

Heath definitely showed his range and adaptability in this role as well.

I hope everyone who goes to see it enjoys it as much as I did.

I love the Batmobiles new makeover, but speaking of - we need to talk to the makeup department, while they spent so much time on Heaths face they forgot about Maggie Gylenhaal. She looked tired and haggard. Normally she's such a beautiful girl.

The only part I didn't like about the film was Christian Bale as Batman. I hated the distortion on his voice and he's got such an awkward mouth that everytime he was on the screen its all I could focus on... Not that he was BAD, just not my favorite Batman.

(which for those who care was Michael Keaton and George Clooney)

Heath was just realizing his true potential and this film captures it.

In Memory Of Heath.

No comments: