Monday, July 14, 2008

Start Those Drums

"I got soul but I'm not a solider."

Interesting week, and interesting 24 hours...

Worked yesterday morning and didn't feel good, tried to go home and my bitch of a manager, Jennifer, wouldn't let me. LOL So then I feel better once I'm finally off work, and I take Jennifer to work... meanwhile I haven't been sleeping the days that I work because I get home at 11p and don't get to bed until about 1a... now I know what you're thinking - get to bed sooner -- well I do! I lay there, but if I'm not tired, how can I fall asleep?!?? Exactly.

So I've only been getting about 2 hours of sleep a night before I have to get up and go to work the next morning -- so last night I take Jennifer to work and I go home and chat with Rachel for a bit and then I take a nap. LOL I get up and go get her from McDonalds, have a salad on the house and we get out of there about 10ish... we're on our way home and at 1010 she gets a call from Jared, the GM of our McD and he wants her to work overnight @ 11... she says yes and goes to McD in the same clothes she's been in for what will now be 3 shifts...

I finally pick her up this morning at 8a after sitting in rush hour and after she's literally worked at McD for 24 hours straight.

Her check better be huge.

To continue with the McD talk, the day before yesterday someone came through and paid for their McNugget meal with the legendary AmEx Black card. I had never held one before and it was an awe inspiring moment. The card was thick, cold and made of metal. I slid it slowly and although I knew the answer, I held it tight in my paws until "Approved" popped up on my screen. Then the lady drove off in her Escalade.

That was a highlight of my day, it was incredible. I want one so bad. So bad, but hell, I don't even have a credit card now so dreaming of that Black card is about as close as I'll ever get to it.

You know, while we're still talking about money and McD, let me be honest with you -- I'm nicer to rich people... people who come through in nice Merdedes', BMW, Escalades, etc... I'm nicer to them... I'm not nice to ANYONE when I'm taking orders, I hate taking orders, but I love taking money... it's my favorite thing to do... So when someone pulls up in a nice car, I take a moment to ask how their day is... I've found some of the nicest people to be in the nicest cars.

I know it's wrong... I didn't say it was right, but with money, status and a BMW comes my respect. Yours may not come with it, but they have mine. Now -- on the flip side of that, if it's some teenage chick driving a brand new BMW?? I'm a BITCH.

:-)

This morning when I was going to pick Jennifer up from McD, Thriving Ivory was on Mix doing an in studio and after they were going to give away tickets to their show tonight at RecordBar. (VERY TINY venue... Super small.) So Jennifer just got out of work from 3 eight hour shifts at McD and I make her sit in the parking lot until they say to call to win... LOL It was like, 20 mins. LOL I feel bad... but hey, I called and got tickets to the show tonight!! We're excited to go!

(OT: when I went to pick up my tickets at the station, besides the awkward feeling of it being the first time I was there since I left Lucas his last day in late April 05 --- the receptionist had the WORST highlights I've ever seen on a human.)

We haven't had a show since Buble... which, btw -- he broke up with Emily Blunt and Jennifer couldn't be happier. She's mind fucking him already. ;-)

Pic of the Day:

Well I searched high and low for something to post here, but I just couldn't find a goddamn thing.

I want a new tattoo and I want mine touched up/finished.

So much to do.

xoxox

No comments: