Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jack Nasty

"how come everytime you come around my
London, London bridge wanna go down..."

Just watched Brokeback Mountain and it made me cry my eyes out like a wittle babay.

Sometimes I think that man was perhaps too talented for his own good... sometimes I think that maybe he didn't realize just how good he was.

The film was great and I absolutely adored it. The trasitions between years weren't as notable as I would have hoped and it kind of left me in the dark a bit at times. I hadn't even realized that 20 years had passed until they said something. But it wasn't really a major problem.

It was completely tragic, but unfortunately accurate to how gay cowboys would have lived/been treated from 1963-1980's. Sad, but true.

If you haven't seen it, I really hope that you take the time out to go rent it. It's worth it.

So, the yesterday Jenn and I are bored so we go to Hollywood video and she gets an acct. I found a trillion movies that I want to see and I can't even begin to make my list! We rented Batman (1989) and then Brokeback Mountain. I needed a Batman and a Heath fix and since I can't go see The Dark Knight again until the 1st, I decided to go with those. LOL

I hadn't seen the original Batman in so many years that it was like seeing it for the first time! Unbelievable. Sometimes I can't believe that I'm a product of the 80s. There were a few outfits that Kim Basinger wore that actually really weren't that bad. I might even wear them now. But my god! That hair!! Those huge glasses!!! She looked like the spitting image of my mother in those days. Incredible.

At the time I'm sure this movie was very cutting edge, but Lord. I can actually see the strings that Michael Keaton was on. The visual effects are shotty and I could probably do a better job with Windows Movie Maker nowadays... but damn... it's still such a great film.

The score is perfect. I love it. It's probably the best part of that film. And the fact that Michael Keaton is in it and he was a badass Batman. :-)

Next time Jenn and I rent a movie we're going to get the next installment of Batman and I was gonna go for another Heath movie, but I don't know... I have really wanted to see Marie Antionette. Have you seen it? She fascinates me. Was it good?

Loves you.

xoxox

Pic:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Love Is A Force Of Nature"

All too true... and Heath is a top. ;-)

EDIT::: Great Heath news!!!

http://perezhilton.com/2008-07-24-heaths-legacy

Before Heath Ledger's untimely death earlier this year, the Australian actor was a partner and investor in a bar he planned to open in Brooklyn.

Well, now, the bar is going ahead as planned!

Heath's father, Kim, was convinced that Ledger would have wanted the bar to move forward. So, being the executor of his estate, he allowed the release of the funds his son had previously allocated for the project.

A Brooklyn boy until shortly before his passing, Heath's bar is located at the corner of Lorimer Street and Bedford Avenue in Greenpoint (Brooklyn), New York.

The new venue has a nautical theme and it is going to be called Five Leaves (after "Swan cigarette papers that tell you when there are just five left in a package").

It will be opened before the end of the year.

--

Click the link to see a picture of the bar.

This is fantastic news! I couldn't be happier! Partly because Jennifer and I were planning on trying to make the trek up to NYC for her birthday! ;-) Can't wait. We HAVE to go now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what major character has Michael Keaton NOT played? He was Batman, Jack Frost, and Beetlejuice?!!!! Wow. I just love him.

:) 19 days til I get you!!!! oh darn YAY I'll miss you while I'm gone