Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lady Marmalade

"Iz you iz or iz you ain't gon' give me a ride, she said
Iz that you with the Lambourgini is that your car parked outside?
I said yeah thats my car, duh,
and if you want to you can go,
But let me know if it's getting too late and if not I'll catch me another, ho"

I had an amazing dream last night. It was very vivid. I was in our new house and we had a very specific bathroom -- it was Moulin Rouge themed. When I woke up I decided to go with it, figuring that I had had that dream for a reason.

Until the dream happened and I realized the dream was exactly what I wanted, the upstairs bathroom was going to be sea/sailor themed. Blue and yellow walls with white handtowels featuring little blue anchors. Now that I have this new idea for the upstairs bathroom, the anchors will have to settle themselves downstairs in the half bath.

Now the bathroom will be red with black accents. In my room I explained that the bathroom had the burlesque theme because in the bathroom [when you're getting ready] is where you feel your sexiest.

Let's face it, we've all stood and played coy in the bathroom mirror, perhaps pretending to kiss it or be someone we're not. My bathroom is going to be smothered with sex.

To begin explaining this, I should first tell you that the bathroom is literally big enough to not only live in, but to have a love seat in there. In fact, the people who lived there before Jasmine did just that. I was on Target.com today and found the perfect floor lamp and sitting bench. Also I found a floor mirror, black, to put in there.

I want a black shower curtain and black or classic silver or gold accessories for the bathroom, like the toothbrush holder, etc. I was also thinking of stringing a bunch of tiny christmas lights in the "sitting area" of the bathroom for ambiance.

I have been toying back and forth on the colors to paint my room, first I wanted it to look like a Victoria's Secret bag and I was going to get those 2 specific pinks and paint my room in stripes like the bag. Then I realized that that is way over my painting ability and I decided to just paint my room in 2 different pinks--then I realized I was 23 and I don't want a pink room like I did when I was 8. So then I started looking at paint samples and thought I had settled on calvary blue (dark like navy) and a gray... but it really lacked any substance and I was very disconnected from the color.

Currently the room that I will occupy is painted bright red. I hate it. If I could take that red and move it to the Moulin Rouge bathroom, I'd love it... but I can't do that, can I?

Jenn had changed her mind on her room more times than she's ever changed her underwear but her new idea is to have a "theme" for her room, and of course she picked -- penguins. She's going to paint one wall white and 3 of them light "ice" blue to make the room look frozen. Then she's going to hand photos of penguins and arrange all her penguins.

So Jenn tells me that I should come up with a theme for my room. All I'm thinking now is "wtf am I supposed to do?!" and she starts suggesting like cities, or multiple cities, or Hollywood... and then I'm like, "okay... I like the Hollywood one... but how do I do that?" and she's like, "i don't know what color to paint your room, but you could hang photos of celebs..."

So that was as far as Jenn helped me for picking my room, but I decided to take the Hollywood theme idea and run with it. I can completely see my room. I've been shopping all day online at Target.com for ideas and things that I want to get for my room and my Moulin Rouge bathroom.

I was unsure on what color to paint my walls, but I think maybe a light pink or Champagne color. I found a really nice bedspread, but the bedspread shouldn't really matter in this room.

I'm going to get a room seperator and put a light behind it to shine through, a lamp chandalier, I'm going to get some different colored satin pieces of cloth and black lace and hand them on the walls to give them texture, I have a vintage style floral chair and I'm going to paint it black and drape some of the pieces of cloth over it too, have a few floor lamps for ambiance lighting, drape pearls throughout the room, floor mirror and vanity, maybe a trunk to use as a dresser, candles for ambiance and a couple hatboxes throughout the room. Also, on the walls 10 black framed photos of celebrities. 5 of them are "new" celebs" and 4 of them are "old" celebs, one of them is a duplicate person, different photo. LOL

Marilyn Monroe (2 photos)
Audrey Hepburn
Elvis
Frank Sinatra
Kurt Cobain
Heath Ledger
Reese Witherspoon
Drew Barrymoore
and, of course, Justin Timberlake

I went online and found HQ photos of the 10 I wanted and then I took them into photoshop and resized them and saved them as 8x10's. Some of the people were harder to find good pics of. Kurt and Heath were the hardest to get HQ photos of. I already had the photo of Justin that I wanted to use. Drew and Reese were the easiest. My 2 favorite photos are of Drew and Heath. When I finally found the picture of Heath I was amazed. It was exactly what I had in mind.

Here are my 10 photos. It's going to cost my a fortune to buy 10 frames. Ick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
She looks so glamourous here.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
God, I love that photo. Bliss.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
One of my all time favorite photos of Miss Reese.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
She's the epitome of glamour right there. She's always flawless.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Gemma sent me this black and white photo last year when I first bought my computer. It was the first photo I saved to my comp and it's my favorite photo of Justin. :-) I have never found it anywhere else, so thank you Gemma. ;-)

I can't wait to get my room started and I really can't wait to get it finished! It's going to be perfect. I love the idea of it and I can't wait to execute it!

xoxox

1 comment:

Gemma said...

i love love love those ideas!

the burlesqe (sp) bathroom is so darn glam.. i heart that one ;)

i cant wait for u to get the ball rolling on this project, finally something to look forward too and put ur heart and soul into it.. remember tho dont go out and buy everything all at once, just like ive just told you, do a lil bit each week, each payday and it will all come together.. it will be perfect..

one day.. just one day i'll sleep there :)

im happy your using the pic i sent you.. its too adorable.

things are finally looking up miss P.. and for the better too..
i wish u ALLLLLL the love luck and happiness in the world, cos god only knows u deserve it..

i love you to death and back
xxxxxxx