Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You WILL Be A Fan, I Tell You!



Alright, I've got a date with my mom this weekend and she promised she would watch Twilight! Now, to all of those that I haven't turned yet... (Strongly working on Gemma, almost there...)

I decided to start reading New Moon over again... in the process I decided I would give you a taste of what you're missing out on here.

Be forewarned, if you read this - you will be hooked - you will go out and you WILL buy the entire Twilight Saga... you will WANT to start with New Moon to read what happens next after the scene I'm about to post, but you will start from the beginning by reading Twilight because you're a good little fan and don't wanna go out of order. ;)

Here's a short excerpt from New Moon, Chapter 1 - page 28:

I took the little package, rolling my eyes at Edward while I struck my finger under the edge of the paper and jerked it under the tape.

"Shoot," I muttered when the paper sliced my finger, I pulled it out to examine the damage. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut.

It all happened very quickly then.

"No!" Edward roared.

He threw himself at me, flinging me back across the table. It fell, as I did, scattering the cake and the presents, the flowers and the plates. I landed in the mess of the shattered crystal.

Jasper slammed into Edward, and the sound was like the crash of boulders in a rock slide.

There was another noise, a grisly snarling that seemed to be coming from deep in Jasper's chest. Jasper tried to shove past Edward, snapping his teeth just inches from Edward's face.

Emmett grabbed Jasper from behind in the next second, locking him into his massive steel grip, but Jasper struggled on, his wild, empty eyes focused only on me.

Beyond the shock, there was also pain. I'd tumbled down to the floor by the piano, with my arms thrown out instinctively to catch my fall, into the jagged shards of glass. Only now did I feel the searing, stinging pain that ran from my wrist to the crease inside my elbow.

Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm - into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires.
I definitely hope that Stephenie Meyer isn't mad at me for posting that small excerpt. :S I'm just trying to turn the last four people in the world that aren't a Twilight fan. ;)

Annnnd, if I did manage to piss someone off who is high up on the Twilight chain, drop me a line below and the excerpt will be PROMPTLY removed, no hard feelings.

Let me know what you think... after the jump.

xoxox

PS - I have no hard feelings towards Jasper. If you read, you'll understand why. ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Gemma said...

i have the dvd now.. i just need to get round to watching it

Unknown said...

FUCKING GO! WTF ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!!?!?!

xoxox

Gemma said...

for my dvd player to work!! LOL