Sunday, March 22, 2009

Twilight DVD Release


Guess it's not a secret anymore...

Just wanted to send a short update and some photos your way since I've been so sick and I haven't gotten a chance to really update.

Jenn came home sick a while back and my immune system has never been that great, so now I'm even sicker than she was...

Friday night Jenn and I went to the Hot Topic Twilight DVD release party... if you can call it a party... we showed up at 930, and were pretty close to the front of the line... around 40/200.

We went in and got to shop around a little bit and we each bought a Cullen sweatband. :) I'm getting ahead of myself...


Here I am at home before going to the party with Edward... no I didn't go to the party WITH Edward... you get the picture...

We both wore all our Twilight merch. I had on my Esme Cullen bracelet and my Team Edward bracelets, my Twilight shirt, Team Edward sweatshirt, a Twilight bag clip and a necklace that I forgot to put on until after the photo was taken.

We had gone to WalMart earlier in the day and I got the bag clip -- which I put on my belt loop -- and the necklace -- that I forgot to put on until after this pic... $5 each! Their shirts are $10 -- the one I'm wearing was $22!!

...Now, I hate Walmart with ever inch of my being... but if I'm going to get Twilight gear THIS cheap, I might be prone to going more often.


Me in the car, super happy to FINALLY get the DVD!!


Got my picture with Edward! :) There was a Hot Topic employee named Jacob who was manning the Robward stand, and he was trying to convince us that that was REALLY Robert Pattinson. XD He was funny... we got our pictures with him because he was really cute and his name was Jacob... I won't post em cuz I don't have his permission... but they're on my Facebook and MySpace if you're blessed enough to be on those. ;) He said he wanted to make a shirt that said "Team Me" (hehe, get it... Jacob...) But he said he didn't have enough time.


Here's the Taylor Lautner autograph that was sent out to every Hot Topic store. Winners announced Monday. I waaaaaaant... they're also giving away that Edward stand... I would really prefer the Taylor autograph, even though I run with Vampires...

I've really began to admire Taylor... I can't stand Jacob... stupid mutt is so annoying, it's sweet that Edward and Jacob, like, became friends... but I hate that dumb dog... and the parts in the book where Bella seemed *confused* on whether she should love Edward or Jacob? Well let's just say it's a good thing these are all fictional characters because I would have to kick Bella's ass... I'm getting off track here... I'm really looking forward to New Moon to see Taylor shine. He's such a sweetie. :)

So we bought our merch then had to go sit back outside and wait for midnight... along the way on the ground I found someone's ticket for their DVD... no one was around, so I pocketed it... Later on a mom and 2 teenagers came down the line and the mom was all, "you're gonna ask EVERY SINGLE PERSON in this line!" and I said, "did you guys loose your lil card?" They said yes and I pulled it out of my back pocket... "well I found this one..." I said and handed it to them and they all three thanked me a hundred times... I said it was no problem... a little while later the 'kids' came up to me and said "ma'am" (yes, they really said 'ma'am' --- I wish they didn't.) And they handed me 2 coupons for Joe's Crab Shack as a thank you... I said thanks for them and they made it seem like it was no big deal... but really it was a wonderful gesture. (Even though I hate seafood.) I hugged them both and they went back on their way... Jenn said I got good karma. :)

We didn't get in to get our DVD until 1245 because Hot Topic can only have 50 people in the store at one time.

I'm going to get the Target DVD on Thursday... meanwhile I've been so sick I haven't even made it through the Hot Topic DVD -- or had time to go up to FYE to get the DVD we preordered there.

Good times...

My back spasmed out a few days ago so I've been dealing with that AND being sick AND Twilight.

xoxox

1 comment:

Gemma said...

Jacob looks HOT!!!