Friday, March 13, 2009

This Sort Of Turned Into Post... Sorry



"I know I sounded crazy on the phone,
Telling you to meet me here, come alone,
No, it cannot wait, til the morning,
Left him lying quiet in our bed,
All the thoughts I've tried to hide, he's read,
Now it's clear to me, what's ahead,
And I can't go home, til I make this known,
Goodbye my love, I'm leaving in the morning,
Goodbye my love, this is our last warning,
This is the end..."

Those lyrics are from Keri Noble. Her album was playing the other day when I was at Barnes and Noble and I adored it so much I actually went up to the people at the checkout and asked who she was... Incredible. I had never heard of her until then, but she's pretty popular.

(Weird actual thing... after I downloaded her album, I downloaded Kelly Clarkson's new album... so I listened to Kelly's album, then I go and type in "Keri Noble" in my iTunes so I can listen to hers and Kelly actually covered one of Keri's songs on her album. Haha, weird twist of coincidence and good timing. I love when things like that happen.)

My sleeping is all messed up again. Last night I think I went to bed pretty early, but Jodie standards -- was around midnight, I think. But then I woke up at 6, which is different from the usual 430a on the dot that's been going on for a while now... so I guess I was relieved in that...

Even though I'm sure there are loads of people who get just that much sleep every night, I'm usually the kind of girl who can't function without a good solid 8-10 hours of sleep a night... 8 is on the light side... lately I've been lucky if I could get somewhere between 4-6... and 6 is if I'm lucky...

I'm pretty stoked about my mom's showing tonight. :) I'll of course let you know how all that goes, I'm sure it'll be fantastic. The other night Jennifer and I were talking about photography and stuff and I said that I hoped one day I could have my own showing and she (just like everyone) says, "oh, I'm sure you will!! You're a great photographer..."

Yes, thank you... my mom is an EXTRAORDINARY photographer and this is her FIRST showing. She's been doing photographer in the teens amount of a years... She's had a piece in a showing before, not sure if it was more than once, but I remember the show Ambiance, she had a piece in it... Anyhow, for someone as extraordinary as my mom to just now be getting her own gallery show and then for people to be super confident that I'll have my own show someday... it's not the same people. Sure, I take good photographs. I'm definitely not great yet. I am my mothers daughter, and thank god for that... thank god there's a photography gene and I just happen to get it, (that was a joke, photography is just a talent/passion we both happen to possess.) but that doesn't mean that this will come easy...

People (yes more than one, don't freak if you were one of them who has said this to me...) keep saying to me, "well I hope this photography thing takes off" or something of the sorts, basically "I hope you get really successful with this" or "I hope you make a lot of money..." They KEEP saying that to me, and they aren't LISTENING to the things that I've said before...

I wouldn't mind doing weddings (my mom has sworn up, down and back again that she will NEVER do another wedding as long as she lives) portraits, headshots, etc to make some money... but I never started doing photography looking for a career. (My mom doesn't even want it as HER career... although I'm sure she would like to make more cash from it, she's more interested in massage therapy and healing as a career) I just wanted to take photos because I truly love doing it. I love taking photos and sharing them with everyone... so of all the things that I've wanted to start a career out of -- photography was the one thing that I actually started doing with no expectations...

I guess that's great of me... if by some random twist of fate I made some money doing this, then fantastical! I'm never one to turn away money... but this isn't about success for me. I just wanted to make that clear. This is just about the love of photography.

Tis the end... Lader Vader!

No comments: