Friday, March 20, 2009

Ya, Ya, Ya...


"If it makes you less sad, I will die by your hand,
Hope you find out what you want, already know what I am,
And if it makes you less sad, we'll start talking again,
You can tell me how vile, already know that I am,
I'll grow old, start acting my age,
Be a brand new day, in a life that you hate..."

Ughhhh, I didn't want to post today, but I had promised to post YESTERDAY, so I figured I owed ya one. ;)

There's a Twitter updater thingy over ----> there. Follow me!

Jenn's been sick the past couple days, so what happens? On the day I've been looking forward to for MONTHS, I wake up sick... I haven't got the nasal/congestion part yet... but my throat is dry and scratchy... got that dry cough. Fuck my life.

Today Jenn and I might go see Twilight at the dollar theater. Every time the preview for the DVD comes on the TV I stop breathing... tonight is the midnight release party @ Hot Topic!!! I can't freaking wait! XD

Also today I'm meeting a guy that I met online. His name is John and he's a lawyer... that's all you need to know right now. I'm excited... we've been talking for a few weeks. :)

Alright, so where did I leave off?

My parents came down and spent their "vacation" here in KC. Twas pretty cool and really awesome to see them 4 days in a row. They stayed at the Hotel Phillips downtown, which is really swanky. :) We went to dinner a couple times, did some touristy stuff, talked... of course I could never segway into what I needed to talk to them about, but whatever. I don't even feel it's that important anymore.

The night before SPD, Jenn and I went to the most awesome bar I've ever been to! It's called the Flying Saucer and it's in the Power and Light District. They have soooo many beers. It was their "pint night" so I got a Boulevard Wheat for $2. Then I tried the "build your own flight" for $10 and I got to try 5 different beers. I wanted to try completely random beers, so I got Flying Monkey Stout, Boulevard Pale Ale (which I loved), Fuller's ESP (from LDN, which I loved), St. Louis Frambroie (which was actually from Belgium and made with fruit! Very tangy!) annnd, my 5th? Oktoberfest beer!!!! It was really good, my favorite from the bunch! I wanna go back there.

St. Patty's Day was cool, it was the first time that Jennifer or I had gone out since we had turned 21, and I think it might be the last. LOL I got too drunk. I'm definitely backing off drinking for a while. I'm thinking maybe ONE glass of wine. ONE beer. ONE martini... We'll just leave it at that. Control.

My parents and I went and did the Westport thing one day. Twas alright... we went to the World Market down there, which is always cool. My step mom bought us a whole bunch of goodies. I got Hello Kitty treats. They're little biscuits you dip in strawberry creme. I got a jar of Nutella. XD Hummus chips, chili flake chocolate, pomegranate chocolate and Chinese red pepper/garlic hot sauce...

We had just had lunch at the Jerusalem Cafe and they had this super hot sauce on the hummus and my step mom asked what it was and the waiter said it was Chinese red pepper and garlic. My dad and I liked it, but Jennifer wouldn't go near it and my step mom nearly died when she tried it! We found some at the market and bought it! I have no idea what I'm gonna put it on though. LOL

Just went back and read my blog and I haven't blogged about my mom's showing yet!!!!!

It went fabulous!!!! Other than a random day of having my period unexpectedly and LUCKILY bringing a change of clothes along... the day was pretty perfect.

Pam picked me up and we stopped off at Target where she bought some makeup for her and my mom. They got that Cover Girl Simply Ageless makeup that Ellen endorses, and it worked fabulously on them. :) Pam bought a couple eye shadows at my suggestion and she even threw in a really cool purple eye shadow for me! XD

We had a drink and a snack from Starbucks, and it turns out we both like the same thing there. My mom bought Chipotle for lunch and when she came home we started doing makeups. I helped Pam out with hers, since she's not a makeup pro. ;) She looked really classy at the end of it all.

It wasn't until we were almost ready that my mom HAPPENED to mention that my grandparents would be there... *rolls eyes*

That went alright, I guess... my grandma is retarded, but whatever. I hadn't seen them in 3 years... I wouldn't go as far to say it was "nice" to see them, but I suppose it was nice for them... and they aren't going to live forever, so I can play nice.

My mom made a joke about thinking she was going to need more Xanax than she actually took and I thought I wasn't going to need any... turns out we switched... I took more than she did. LOL Oh wells...

Everyone loved her art. I teared up a bit... I'm just so super proud of her. :) People were pretty amazed that the girl in the photo turned out to be me... so that was neat to get some attention there, even though it was her night.

She even sold a photograph!!!!! :) Pretty badass.

After the show we went to have thai food, which was INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to go back to that restaurant...

Alright, so now you're all caught up and I can stop ignoring you.

Comments = love.

Pic - click to enlarge:


Twilight cast, L-R Name (character)
Ashley Greene (Alice), Jackson Rathbone (Jasper), Nikki Reed (Rosalie), Kristen Stewart [& her stunna shades] (Bella), Robert Pattinson (Edward), Kellan Lutz (Emmett).

Twilight DVD parties tonight!!! Find one in your area and GO! At least go buy the DVD tomorrow!!!

Are you buying the Twilight DVD!?

xoxox

No comments: