Thursday, February 25, 2010

Whenever I Want You All I Have To Do Is Dream








"And all this time oblivious, 
To what you made so obvious, 
I can't believe I never noticed my heart before..." 


Last night was a good night. :) First off, Jennifer brought home Cabin Fever 2, which we had been trying to watch for several days now... I loved the first one - Jennifer isn't into all the gore and stuff... but Cabin Fever 2? 


Oh let me see here. I have so much to say about this film. 


First of all, in the description for it, it says that it picks up right where Cabin Fever left off, which it does... it also says that Rider Strong is in it... which, errm... 


The movie was shot back in Spring 2007, but shelved and held up forever in post... (Read the IMDb if you care to know why...) 


Anyhow, I was really looking forward to seeing a sequel where one of the leads from the first actually stayed in the movie, however... (*SPOILER*, but the movie sucked and you shouldn't see it anyway, so keep reading...) Rider Strong literally gets killed DIRECTLY after the opening credits. Srs. I was so disappointed... 


Not to mention that the "special effects" and makeup in this thing were horrendous. Beyond fixable. I literally could have made a better gore movie with my digital camera. True story.  I hated it. We so wasted a dollar on it when we could have just rented Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs again. 


After that mess of a movie, we decided to watch the St. Rocke show that I got on DVD from a very lovely Twitter follower. :D It was my first time seeing the show in it's entirety since actually being in LA. 


*breathless sigh* 


I wish there were a way for me to put into words how much it meant to me that she sent me this DVD... All of the moments I loved while at the show were on the DVD... Not to mention a few things that I missed while at the actual concert, like the cutest little giggle from a certain Monkeys mouth as he took my hand. 


While we were in the midst of watching the Monkey DVD they released their next slew of dates. :) Much to my surprise and approval, of course! Annnnnd... KANSAS CITY!!! EEEP! It was a perfect moment. Also, happy to see them going back to Tulsa. :) Tulsa was my favorite show thus far on the tour... and it was my first for this tour... I had to talk Jennifer into going back to Tulsa, but it wasn't that hard. Yaay! 


Also!! They're playing the Beaumont Club! I *knew* this is where they would play and I kept checking their official site, KNOWING this is where the Monkeys would play. There are many "pros" to playing this club, but I'd like to keep my advantage, so I'm not going to name them here. I'm happy that the boys will be on home turf. Now instead of driving 3-8 hours to see them... I have to drive 15 minutes.


Talked to Willow today for 2 hours. :) I love doing that... when we get on the phone we're always on it for like, fuckever... I digress... (see what I did there?!) I'm officially STOKED to go to Louisville. Totes. Stoked. Of the released dates for Monkey boys I'm planning on attending 6 of the posted shows. (Not counting Dallas. Cuz then that would make 9... meanwhile, I've been to 9 Monkey shows... so that would mean that by the time Dallas is over I will have been to 18 Monkey shows. O_O ...if they don't add anymore that I can get to... my god. *rubs plastic Jesus*) 


We had planned on going to Ohio, but shit happens... Detroit was supposed to be my 15th show... now... Kansas City is my 15th show. Gaaah, that worked out perfectly. Remember how I was just saying that shit happens for a reason?!?! ...Well?! *holds out hands at example before you* 


Alright, enough about those boys... swiftly moving on. 


After we watched St. Rocke I suggested we watch something on Netflix... I wanted to watch something scary and I was naming off the horrors it listed and casually mentioned Interview With A Vampire, to which Jennifer replies that she's never seen it before... we tried to watch it then and Netflix was apparently having a bad day and didn't wish to accommodate us with that particular movie... 


I then suggested Nightmare On Elm Street (the first one) and she said that she had never seen that one either! Oh, well snap!! So we watched it, she got scared... 


I saw it for the first time when I was in 6th grade. I had asked my parents waay back in the day (when I lived with my father) if I could see it and they vehemently disapproved. (I lived on Elm street for the majority of my childhood... yeaaaah, kinda glad they didn't let me see it. I would have cried.)  But of course when I moved in with my Mama I immediately wanted to see it... It was very scary the first time that I saw it... but watching it back last night? I didn't jump or flinch... 


However! 


I'm very fucking stoked to see the new re-make! Just saw the new released trailer. Looks badass. I can't wait! 


Picture of the Day:








It's been a while since I put up a photo of any of the boys, and this one has a purpose... love this pic, by the way... props to the chick who took it. 


When I saved it I titled this picture "why do you never wear a tie when I see you" because out of the 9 shows that I've been to, Jackson has never worn a tie... meanwhile, I think he looks beyond handsome and so sexy in ties. *nudge, nudge, hint hint... Des Moines.*


(Now I'll stand there with my mouth agape if he wears a tie in Des Moines... You know I will.)

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'll be at the St. louis show....can't wait!

Lorelei said...

You mentioned the tie thing, but I was thinking about the Bakersfield show and, of all the concert photos i've seen, this was one where jackson didn't where a shirt over a shirt ensemble (never mind starting with a jacket, which he does in almost every concert pic I've seen). Just the jacket over a Michael Jackson "Thriller" tee. Oh, well....just wondering.

Genn said...

Ohh the movie abyss you and Jenn have fallen into.
I wanna come! lol
The tie thing, totes adorable. :)