Sunday, February 14, 2010

Rings Of Smoke Through The Trees








"Well I'm drawn in the smoke, 
And I'm starting to choke, 
As I put on my coat, 
With this lighter I hold, 
Oh it's the flame that's delivering another fine dose, 
Of that sweet, sweet smoke..." 

Today would be what all couples call "Valentine's Day". As I posted on my Facebook status earlier today: "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If you are single on Valentine's Day, do you need to acknowledge it's existence?" 


It is something to think about, isn't it? Today is just February 14th for me. You know what else? Up until about 10 minutes ago, I thought today was Saturday. Apparently Saturday fell off the map. Today is Sunday. Plan your life accordingly.


"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy

I used to want to be Miss Piggy so badly. I adored her relationship with Kermit, although I really felt like she loved him waay more than he ever loved her back. Pity. She's a catch. ;) [[Fun fact about Jodie; for my 7th birthday party I had so many helium balloons that I went around pretending I was Gonzo from The Muppet Movie. #winatlife]]

Kermit: "Gonzo! What are you doing?" 
Gonzo: "About seven knots!" 

I think I'm dehydrated. 2 days ago I drank half a gallon of water and 3 cups of juice... yesterday I drank another half gallon of water and after having to pee every ten minutes I decided I was done drinking, even though I was still thirsty.

Now I'm sitting here... thirsty. Again.

My dreams have been very lucid lately. Every morning for the past several years I've always woken up with a song in my head... don't know how, don't know where it comes from -- it's not like it's the same song that I heard the day before or anything like that, sometimes it'll be a song that I haven't heard for years and it'll just pop into my head in my sleep... anyways, for the past few days I've meant to Twitter the song that I wake up with, but I can never find my phone with my eyes closed...

Perhaps I'll try and remember to do that tomorrow morning.

Back to my dreams... about a week ago I guess it was, I had a dream in which I lost a tooth. I texted my friends and said, "in true Reaper form, last night I had a dream where I lost my teeth..." 

Now, for those who know me or know me well, know that I take excellent care of my teeth, that I've had extensive dental work done in order to correct my massive overbite as a child.


















This is a picture of me from 1992 with my facemask, this was post hyrax, pre-braces... I had a massive overbite and in order for them to correct this before puberty, I had to have extensive dental work done. I had spacers for my hyrax before I even entered kindergarten.

The hyrax stretched across the roof of my mouth and it had a tiny key that my dad had to crank three times each night before I went to bed - this stretched the roof of my mouth wider. (With an overbite, you bottom jaw goes over your top teeth, making you look like a pit bull instead of your bottom fitting inside the top like it should... the hyrax was making the roof of my mouth wider than my bottom jaw. Had they waited until puberty hit I would have had to have some of my bottom jaw removed in order for it to fit correctly.)

After that I had the facemask (pictured above) and that pulled my front teeth forward, pushing my bottom jaw backwards. I was lucky that I didn't have to wear it during school -- I only had to wear it 6 weeks and then I slept in it for 6 weeks... It wasn't so bad, actually. I didn't mind it much.

Next was standard braces. I didn't need a full set; top four teeth, bottom four teeth... I can't remember how long I wore those for but I do remember always picking out fun colors for my rubber bands. (When I would have dance recitals I would put pink and black bands on there since those were my dance team colors. ^_^)

When I got into a car wreck in 2002, I nearly went through the windshield, I got completely smashed up, broke three fingers, was carted away on a stretcher and had to go through rehabilitation in order to move my neck correctly; but the only thing I cared about seconds after the wreck was if all my teeth were still intact. I literally checked them before I even noticed I had broken anything.

So for me to have this dream that I lose my teeth... it's... graphic. What one could consider a "worst nightmare" situation. Dream Moods says that losing your teeth is a sign of fear or anxiety. Also since teeth are a sign of power, it could be the feeling of losing your control and power over a situation... since this dream happened right after my return from LA - it definitely makes sense. All my worries... all my anxieties... most of which cannot be quelled for another 16 days.

Picture of the Day:

2 comments:

Marcia Dreaming said...

A dream about losing teeth can also be a sign that you are going through a change in your life (when you lost your baby teeth, you moved to a new stage in life).

It can mean that you have had to give something up in order to get something more valuable.

Genn said...

I think that Marcia was onto something:

"It can mean that you have had to give something up in order to get something more valuable."

Think about that for a minute. What was given up, for what you're going to get. *nods once*

Just a few more days and your fears will be quelled and all will be well. :)