Saturday, February 13, 2010

Speaking In Tongues








"To the center of your heart, oh Cleopatra is the only one you love..." 

I have learned so much today. :) I learned that I am not only old, but I am also very young in comparison. Funny. Swiftly moving on...

17 days until I see Monkeys again... I was so spoiled in Vegas/LA... I had just seen them two weeks before in Tulsa and then I went to Vegas... few days later turned around and went to LA... now I am "forced" to wait it out 17 days until I can see them again. Then again... it could always be worse. They are fucking addictive. I should alert them of such.

I've been writing down my improv ideas so that I don't catch Jay too off guard again. ;) All of the ones I've written down thus far are G and PG... of course I just know that at the next show I'm at they'll ask for an improv and Jay will look at me and be like, "from anyone but you." XD

Oops...?

I'm pretty stoked for these 17 days to pass... I have a kick ass gift to give to my BFF.

I reckon I do have something pretty big to tell y'all... of course I've been cry, cry, crying for a new DSLR for the longest time... every time I almost buy a new one, something happens and I can no longer afford it... my Canon 780is point and shoot has been getting me by for a while now... and we all know when I went through my Nikon D60 phase... and then the downfall that was the discontinue of it... :(

So now I'll try to tell you something without telling you anything... I've been hired to do a big photography job, something that I *need* a DSLR for and I seriously cannot ask to borrow my Mama's again without her killing me... so I've been back to my DSLR research... and... well... I have decided.

I was going to get the Nikon D5000, but after I held others, shot with others, looked at features and specs... I have decided on the Canon XSi.

Yep. Canon. Here I was going "Oh how badly I want a Nikon... please, please, please!" And then I shot with both of them and easily was swayed back over to Canon... Heh. Funny. Hoping to get the new camera by the end of March... of course, those damn Monkeys... *shakes head, smiling* (You know I love my Mnkys.)

Do you ever write something knowing that someone will read it...? I mean, someone in particular...? I feel that way a lot lately.

I need a new computer. Hardcore.

Need, need, need... I'm almost sick of that word. Can't imagine how y'all feel hearing it from me.

I waaant a new tattoo... Hopefully in May... that's bad when there's so much going on that I have to plan out tattoos and extracurricular activities like that... May... so close, yet so fucking far.

The other day Jennifer and I were at the mall when she mentioned that I needed new jeans... yes. Yes, I do. I finally had to retire my poor pathetic skinny jeans (after wearing them about three times after they SHOULD have been retired...) after Nashville. So I've been stuck with icky boot leg jeans, which do not flatter me... I know that bigger girls should always be conscious of what they're wearing, and trust me when I say that no one is more conscious of that than I am -- but skinny jeans actually look better on me than anything else.

I hate when big girls wear clothes that they swim in -- listen, I get it; you're fat... that doesn't mean that you can't be attractive, sexy, desirable... with a figure and a shape! Trust!

So we go into this store and Jenn mentions that they have layaway... I say, "what? Nowhere has layaway anymore..." and so she goes up and asks the sales person and apparently they were having a special for layaway, too... I was like, "DUDE!" So I picked out four pairs of skinny jeans to try on... the first one was the size I usually get and they didn't fit. (Too small.) I was like, "Oh shit. No, no, no... please tell me I didn't get fatter..." #iwouldcry

Next I tried on this pair of really cute ones that were a size smaller than what I usually wear, but it was all they had - and they fit! Yay! #winatlife So I definitely had to get those... didn't like the third pair; too dark. And the fourth pair had like rips and tears in them... too cool for school... had to get those... both of the jeans were a size smaller than what I normally get! :) Don't know what was up with the first pair I tried on, but fuck em.

I haven't even been consciously trying to lose weight, but I reckon all the travel and the Mnkys has something to do with it... never have time to eat; always run, run, running. (Running to terminals, running to hug friends, running away from Twilight fans... etc...) Of course now I am consciously trying to lose weight... 17 days.

Pic of the Day:














3 comments:

kimcatus said...

Congrats on the jeans! That's freaking awesome! And about the swimming in clothes....ugh. That's me. I know. Bad me. I will try harder. For you....lol ;-) Congrats on the photography job....I can definitely see why people would pay you though. I would pay you if I had money!!! Totally jealous that you get to see the Monkeys in 17 days though!! Ok enough blathering! Thanks for sharing your thoughts as always... XD

The Illiterate said...

My 2 favorite quotes from this entry:

"...listen, I get it; you're fat... that doesn't mean that you can't be attractive, sexy, desirable... with a figure and a shape!"

"(Running to terminals, running to hug friends, running away from Twilight fans... etc...)"

The second had me laughing at my desk. You are awesome.

Genn said...

I second what "The Illiterate" said ;)

You are beautiful and btw way to go on the jeans hell yeah!!
Layaway is awesome!