Tuesday, February 9, 2010

But All The Crying Voices Can't Turn It Around








"Who gives a fuck about an oxford comma...?" 

God it feels different to be back in my own bed... after a long week of travel and Monkeys I am finally back in Kansas City.

I have posted my photos on my photography site, please feel free to check them out and pass the link around a bit. ;) I've also revamped the site... My portfolio section was getting cluttered with 100 Monkeys live photos, though that's what I predominately am - a live music photographer - I felt that my live music concert photographs deserved a section of their own so I now have 2 portfolios. There's also a contact section on the site now.

I hope that y'all managed to watch the live feed of the Saint Rocke show -- I'm not going to review it.

LA didn't exactly go over as planned, but I do have some pretty great photos to brag about. As far as Willow goes... she has a new badass tattoo to brag about. ;)















Ben G of 100 Monkeys wrote "I Digress..." on her wrist the night of the show and the next day we went together to a tattoo parlor in Inglewood to get the tattoo done.

Few highlights of the show for me:

-Jackson smacking my hand with the guitar during "Wings On Fire" when I held up my lighter... :) Oops.
-Jerad giving me my ritualistic high-five on stage.
-Talking to Uncle before the show about tattoos and he told me about his new one... after I touched his arm and he said, "careful sweetheart, just got a new tattoo..." Oops again.
-Jerad telling me he's been planning his life accordingly. XD Best moment ever.
-Singing Ben G happy birthday and being there as he wrote on Willow's arm. :)
-Shocking the "utter hell" out of Jackson... don't reckon that happens often.

Some highlights of my airplane travels to and from Los Angeles:

-Falling asleep 2 times, on 2 separate flights before take off and missing the air waitress when she came by for drinks.
-Watching The Invention Of Lying on demand. For free.
-Getting squirted with juice from a sippy cup.
-Not being apologized to after getting sprayed with said juice.
-Burning off everything I ate in LA as I walked to my terminal at the Houston airport. Everything is bigger in Texas...
-Being in gate 69 TWICE on my trip...
-Giggling when on the last flight home they said, "we've reached our cruising altitude of 35,000 feet..."
-Breaking out into "Arizona" when I realized that's where my first layover was.
-Realizing I relate almost everything to music and Mnkys.

Few favorite pictures from the Hermosa Beach show... check out the rest of them on my photography site.














This is my desktop background for the moment... with the words "masochistic fashion suits me nicely." :)


















This was taken during the improv after I shocked Jackson. :) This photo just made the deal even sweeter.


















Jackson and the best friend praising the drummer god that is, Ben Johnson.














Fucking rockstar. He's too much rock.

Check out the others here. There's some great ones that I didn't post! ;)

Rock on,

Jodie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hermosa sounds awesome! I have to say I had the same Monkey music thing on my last flight. Can't help it, it's in the blood now! thanks for the great write up,

- libby x

The Illiterate said...

After your improve suggestion in Vegas, do I even want to know how you shocked the "utter hell" out of J.Action?

Genn said...

"Who gives a fuck about an oxford comma...?" Ummm ME!? Only because I'm a fucking nerd. lol

I have my badass tattoo to brag about because two of the most important people in my fucking life have my back.

Thank you for being one of them.