Monday, August 3, 2009

The World Through The Eyes Of Everyone I Know


Do as I say, not as I do,
This life is only okay for me, not you,
I've smoked, I've drank and cursed up a storm,
But I'll be dammed and you'll be scorned,
Don't fuck up, don't screw up, don't cheat, steal or lie,
Cuz those things are only okay for my eyes,
Go to school and get good grades,
Drink your milk while I have lemonade,
No TV and you clean your plate,
When you grow up you better not move out of state,
That's the only way this will ever be fair,
Don't run around the house in your underwear,
I get to make the rules cuz I'm older than you,
and I'll always see you as a kid,
So what are you gonna do?

3 comments:

alikitty619 said...

Can totally relate!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this, hard.
Double standards make me so happy *rolling my eyes* NOT.
The way you conveyed your message? Totes amazing,babe!

slista said...

I love this. You're fabulous.

Side note: I created a (real) blog, that I will be updating. Not sure if you even care what happens with my life - but in case you do...

http://slista.blogspot.com