Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Case Of The Disappearing Hair Clips


"I can't feel the way I did before,
Don't turn your back on me,
I won't be ignored..."

I have four hair clips. For the most part, I always have one in my hair, so then I should have three. Two blue... two pink.

One day, I saw my roommate Laura wearing one of my pink hair clips.

No, I didn't say anything and it was never returned to my cabinet in the bathroom - but I didn't say anything. I bitched and moaned and whined to Jennifer about it, but I never said anything to Laura and I let it go... even though, at the time, my hair clips were brand new.

This morning I wake up and go into the bathroom, there are two of my hair clips hugging each other on the floor - I most certainly didn't put them together like that, and I most certainly didn't put them on the floor. I reckoned they were on the floor because she let her nearly one year old daughter play with them while she showered.

Not cool man.

So I pick up my hair clips and tuck them under some stuff in a drawer.

I don't know about you, but I don't get into other people's shit. This is the exact reason why I never wanted a roommate. Jennifer doesn't borrow my shit without asking, but if she did, that would be different, she's Jennifer. This is Laura, who I don't barely know from Eve and she's taking my fucking hair shit. Not cool man.

Am I overreacting here?! Who just gets into other people's things and just takes without asking, and on top of that --- if you do take without asking, who is careless enough to not put back before you notice?! If she's going to basically steal my things, she could put them all back before I notice they're missing.

Fuck my life.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that kind of behavior. If you wanted her to use them it would have been like "Hey Laura, here is the drawer with hair accessories in it, help yourself." Although, sharing hair accessories isn't exactly my idea of a good time, because I have trust issues. lol I know that sounds odd, but you know me well enough to know that I also have my reasons.
Even more than that, it's that she didn't extend the respect to you, to ASK you. Common courtesy. That in itself pisses me off, FOR you.

slista said...

I totally agree with you. Before I moved off campus, I lived in a 3 bedroom suite with 5 other girls - 2 to a bedroom. My god did we have nightmares. Which were doubled by the fact that we're all pretty passive-aggressive haha. We'd disagree over a 5 degree difference in the thermostat, dishes in the sink, freezer space, whose turn it was to buy toilet paper... you name it.

Funny story that is kind of / not really related... My dad has a pool at his house. One year we got new neighbors in the house next door, and my dad was trying to be friendly with them and was like "feel free to come use the pool whenever you want"... So anyway, my dad went away on some trip somewhere, and when he came back that night, he caught the neighbor's teenage kid making out with his gf in the pool, lol... I dunno about you, but I would not even feel okay using the pool when the owner wasn't home, let alone without asking... let alone while hooking up with my gf...