Friday, November 27, 2009

face à moi si je vois que vous respirez


"La jeune fille à un oiseau, elle trouve dans la neige
qui a volé sa robe, et c'est comme ça elle sait
que Dieu a fait les yeux pour pleurer à la naissance
puis à gauche le terrain pour faire le tour de la terre..."

It's been a few days since I managed to get my ass to a blog... don't mind me, I have no sense of time...

Speaking of this - It's 3 days until my 25th birthday... Wow.

I got my first birthday present of the year today... :) It was a combo of a thank you gift and birthday present from my Mama.

She was going to get me a Louis Vuitton in Puerto Rico, but then apparently got lost...? She asked me what else I would have liked... I said... "Guitar...?" She goes "uh..." I said, "Camera?" She said, "isn't the camera that you want $400?" (Technically that's the sale price...) I said "That's the Nikon one I want. The Canon I want is $199."

So off we went looking for my camera. She was very against going to Best Buy at first but I told her that's where I had seen it be the cheapest. Blah, blah, blah... we went to Best Buy, found the camera that I wanted and it was uber on sale!

Since it was uber on sale she got me 2 [awesome] memory cards, an extra battery and a case. :)

We went home and played with the camera and HOHMYGAWD. Twas amazing. The camera is awesome. My mama says that she's jealous of my camera. I now officially have more megapixels than her! And it records HD video! :D YAAY YAAAY YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Canon Powershot SD780is -- 12.1 megapixel, HD video... *mouth watering*)

So Thanksgiving... it was... decent. Wednesday night my Mama and Pam got back from their trip and I made Thanksgiving dinner here. Made it all by myself... cooked the turkey... (with ample help from Willow...) My Mama and Pam both said they loved the dinner.

Thursday we went over to Jane's house for Thanksgiving dinner. It was deelish. :) I loved it. We had so much fun there too... we had a jam session after dinner. We sang John Denver, Indigo Girls and James Taylor. Some very talented musicians in that house.

I tried to get them to do a rendition of 100 Monkeys "Keep Awake" but we didn't get very far. I was the only one who could keep a straight face.

Hope you all had a good holiday and got some kick ass stuff on Black Friday!

xoxox

No comments: