Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Any Way That I Wanted

"Well, there's a tin can sitting on your window sill,
Open it up... see how you feel...
Cuz inside there are hearts that are stone,
Wrapped in radio wire, cuz they're locked in the coils,
And each World War's an offering to me,
And each one has a battery feel,
So they're hissing and screaming with the electricity,
Take em out one by one, line em up and you'll feel the...
Yeah, I could have you any way that I wanted..."

Today is supposed to be 100 Monkeys day! They're supposed to release their tour dates for their 100 city tour today, but alas... it's nearly 5p here and NOTHING. :(

I'm wearing my 100 Monkeys shirt in support for it and everything... I suppose that I can be patient... or try to...

Only 10 days till I see my Monkeys again! :) That's exciting!

I'm definitely beginning to think that the dates won't be released today... so then they SHOULD be released tomorrow, right? That would make sense? I mean, they SAID today, but today is nearly over so we should expect them tomorrow, yes? (Someone reassure me and make me feel better...)

I have to pee, but I don't want to get up... fail.

I'm chillin' at Panera and soaking up their free wifi. I heart doing this. I can get my comp, phone and iPod all wifi'ing at the same time. :) Good times.

I want a new camera... yes, let's talk about that for a minute.

The new Verizon Wireless "Droid" phone, (which, by the way... it the most geektastic name of a phone EVAAR) has a 5 megapixel camera...

Now, previously I blogged about how my mama said her first digital camera was a 2 megapixel $700 Fugifilm camera and now she has a 2 megapixel camera in her cell phone... I said that when I spoke to my dad I was saying that one day they would have 10 megapixel cameras in cell phones...

I have a 2 megapixel camera in my cell phone currently and I really did not expect the leap to 5 megapixels in a cell phone for another year or so... so I am astonished and very impressed The cell phone looks a bit... eh... but it's very impressive that they placed a 5 megapixel camera into a cell phone...

My current camera is a 6 megapixel Canon. I've had it for nearly 4 years. Oh lord... I can't believe that 1) I just admitted that... and 2) that it's REALLY been that long.

The camera that I was looking to get was the Nikon Coolpix P90, however, I then decided that a 24x zoom might help me in concerts... that although the 15 fps is facking *moans* incredible and the swivel LCD screen is awesome... that it's not what I need to make money or do anything productive with my photography. This is more of a camera to have fun with... to take to concerts and just around town with me... I still want this camera, but I need something different.

So then I went back to dSLR talk and that's when I found out that the camera I wanted, the Nikon D60, has been discontinued.

Now I'm forced to either get the Nikon D40... a 6.1 megapixel "beginner's" dSLR, or shell out a little more for the new Nikon D3000.

The D3000 seems to be Nikon's 'replacement' for the D60... it's a 10.2 megapixel camera with a few upgrades from the D60.

Obviously I want the D3000 over the D40. Price is of course what's holding me back. $469 vs $599... quite a price difference...

So then do I wait it out longer and continue to save for the D3000 or do I get the D40 "now" and do the best with what I've got?

My biggest gripe about the D40? I already have a 6 megapixel camera... to go from a 6 megapixel to a 6.1 megapixel dSLR... will I even notice? I know that it's Nikon... that it's a dSLR and it has capabilities that my Canon does not have, but would that even be worth it? I'm not sure and I can't seem to decide what I want to do.

*le sigh*
Picture of the Day:
It's true.

1 comment:

Genn said...

Now, now. When have our Monkeys ever done anything on time, or on anyone else's schedule, even when it was supposed to be at a set time?
Think back to Lucky Strike...
and just know that they'll get the tour dates up soon ... hell sometimes they don't even know they're having a concert until last minute, then they show up and perform, TA DA! lol
I know a tour should be different, but if it was, it wouldn't be our Monkeys would it?
The less that is known about the tour, the less you're sharing them, look at it that way lol.

The camera.. I love to hear you talk Cameras and photography, for reasons that I won't go into here ;)
I'd say hold out, but you're an instant gratification kind of girl. A modern day, cute, sweet, Veruca Salt.. and I love that about you, believe it or not.