Saturday, October 3, 2009

This Cave




I think you're crazy... you must be insane,
To look at me and not be able to see all of my pain,
I wear it written on my face, it's like I'm tattooed with my name,
And all the stares from all around me make this place seem like a cave,
You know me so well, know my insides, you can tell me what I'm thinking,
So why then don't you see now that I'm the captain and we're sinking,
If it's so simple for me to smile and make it seem like it's alright,
Don't you know that that's not near enough to get me through the night,
The halo of the sun in rising burns my eyes from which I've cried,
Spent the evening staying up cuz there are demons left to fight,
I know I must be cursed and I am dammed to regret this life,
But at times I think it much easier to just not be alive,
Call me careless, call me worthless, call me ungrateful if you must,
But your touch just takes away and I've got nothing left to love.

1 comment:

Genn said...

Wow. Just. I know i keep saying that but really, my mere words escape me as I read yours.