Friday, May 20, 2011

Passion Vs. Photography

Fortunately I have people who believe in my photography and my art. Fortunately I have people who tell me that I capture 100 Monkeys unlike anyone else can... that they can see my passion for photography and my love for these boys in my photos.

I'm so thankful for that.

I may not be spot on with everything technical in each photograph - but I do know what I'm doing. (For what I am doing and what I am happy with.) I do make my living by this... although, I'm finally at a point where I feel like I don't have anything to prove to anyone.

My passion for photography is strong. I'd love to say that "I love my camera more than anything," but... that would be a lie. I love these boys more than anything. I'm just thankful that my love for them transcends the lens and is captured onto the shots that I bleed for.

I put my heart and soul into each shot and I hope that you can see the heat of the moment and the vibrancy of the music and THEIR passion through each photograph. That's my ultimate goal... not to make you feel MY love for them - but for you to feel THEIR love for the music and each other and their love for performing.

I re-edited a few photos from the last show on the winter tour... I've shared them everywhere else - it's time to share them here.

To those who support me and my photography - thank you so much. To those who don't - thank you so much.
























































































































































Thanks for taking a look at them. Catch more at www.jodieplatzphotography.com and www.facebook.com/jodieplatzphotography

Each and every one of you who reads this is appreciated! Thank you so much for your support! I can't wait to see you on tour!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hot, Hot Photos. This photographer knows her stuff! Love the photos! I've been admiring your work for a little while. Thank you for sharing as always! pj smoll

Stephanie O'Brien said...

I love the photo of Jackson smiling, not just because he's gorgeous and that smile could melt glaciers (i'd be lying if I said otherwise), but because he really looks like he is having fun. That's a genuine "this is a blast" kind of smile- not his usual "smile for the camera cause it's my job" smile. I am glad you caught that. All your photos are amazeballs. :) -Stephanie O-

Unknown said...

Thanks for that, Stephanie!

That was during the Thank You Song in San Antonio and I had my camera ready as he was making his way around the stage, our eyes met and he stopped for a split second and cheesed that big grin for my camera - I was happy that I snapped at that second and I was even more happy that it was one of his "real" smiles. ;)

I'm very happy with that photo and how it turned out and how loved it is by others!

Thank you so much for the comment!

aimee said...

You are able to capture each moment with such rawness that it puts you in the picture yourself. You are taken from your couch or your bed and are instantly transported to the front row of a 100 Monkeys concert. You have amazing talent and I hope to be able all I can from you about taking pictures. :)

Unknown said...

Love your work and love you too!