Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Inside/Shit You Never Knew

It's sometimes hard to see a person as a person until you know a part of them. I was thinking about a few things and I decided I will share a part of me in hopes of you getting a better a grasp on me... who I am... why I do things... how I feel...

We'll call this Things Most People Don't Know About Jodie Platz (original title, eh?)

I had baby blue eyes until I was 14 when they turned deep green.

I have had my heart broken, but I have never been in love.

I've been in an abusive relationship.

I have a birthmark on my right arm.

I have 7 tattoos, one of which is a coverup.

When I like a song I will listen to it on repeat until I hate it. (Usually about a week or so...)

I rarely listen to 100 Monkeys except when I'm on a plane or about 2 days before I get to see them after a long "drought" period... or you know... at a concert.

I'm fully ambidextrous.

When I was in middle school I wanted to be a choreographer or a dance instructor.

Most of the bands that I listen to I know nothing about. (Death Cab, Telekinesis!, The Shins, etc...)

I have a scar on my inner thigh from 2nd degree burns.

I played the trumpet in band.

I was bitten by the dog that I owned as a child.

I had a pet cow when I was 5 and I "worked" on a farm from ages 4-6.

I went to the same high school as David Cook (he was a year ahead of me and I didn't know him well).

I like to "invent" meals... I'm a pretty good cook and I love to share that with people.

I speak to and see 100 Monkeys more than I do to either of my parents...

The longest I've ever gone without eating was 10 days.

I planned the prom my junior year and dropped out of school before I was able to experience it.

I have been arrested.

Painting used to be my favorite medium of art.

I didn't talk to my grandparents for five years. I have since rekindled the relationship fearing I will regret it when they die.

The biggest crowd I've ever performed in front of was 18,000. For dancing. 2002.

I once blew $3000 in one week. This isn't one of the things I'm most proud of.

I have terrible knees from a car accident I was in... This hinders a lot in my photography. While it doesn't keep me from getting the shot, it does make the shot very painful.

I had bleeding ulcers from stress at age 12; what 12 year old does that?!

My first memory is from when I was 24 days old.

I'd prefer to develop my photos in a darkroom than to edit them on Photoshop. I learned how to use a darkroom when my mother was in photography school around the age of 10 or so.

I have been physically assaulted by a man more than once.

I have a terrible association with Ford Mustangs and chances are if you're driving one, I'm probably screaming at you from my car. It's nothing personal against you and your choices of vehicle.

I hate giving gift cards because I feel like they're impersonal... however, I love getting gift cards.

I don't know if that did anything to make anyone know me any more or less or if any of it was even relevant towards anything... but hey... I enjoy sharing random things and things about myself. Even if I share all the details of my life, I still feel like people will probably never know me. You can't know someone based off facts alone. These facts are not what make up me and my heart... so kudos to those who try to learn me and my heart...

I will happily answer questions in the comments section about any of the things that I have posted about.

xojo

9 comments:

M. B. Feeney said...

Thanks for the insight to who 'Jodie' is!

Alikitty said...

I enjoyed that. It's nice to know the little things that make you the amazing person that you are!

Love.

Grandma said...

I just want to say I admire you for going thru Hell n Back in your life.You still remain strong & a warm & sensitive person.Being a grandma myself,I would loved you as my granddaughter.Peace Tina

Grandma said...

Just want to let you know that as a grandma,I admire your strength & drive.Seems like you've been through Hell N Back,for someone your age.I would have been very proud to have you as a granddaughter. Peace Tina

Anonymous said...

I did know all of these things... of course I have known you for 11 years...

I still choose to keep you. Too late to give you back now... :)j/k

I do love you.

Jenn

Sweet_violite_revenge said...

I also knew almost all of that ! and i want to keep u if u will let me!! yea u kind of calmed me a few weeks back didn't u !!!

love yea !!!

BitterSweetRebel said...

I really appreciate this idea of yours!!

I enjoyed the reading & learnt a bit more about a girl that I find amazing.

Plus, we share something you've written, and that makes me feel some kind of connection... Maybe I'm just outta my mind, but I truly do.

xoxo

Sara

Erin Marie said...

(ok i'm trying again)

This was cute,a bit courageous, but also cute. The few facts of little Miss Jodie Platz :) Hey I think that rhymed a little. ;)

However, that being said, thank you for sharing. I can tell you I know what it's like to play trumpet because that is what I played in middle school band. I was tired of playing the french horn and there was no piano playing so trumpet was my next option. Although I think I would have prefered the saxophone but I dealt with the trumpet.

I also have been arrested. Not for anything I did, but, was arrested none the less. Sort of like guilty by association. Sat in a jail cell, was iterrogated, had my car impounded, and as the sun was going to rise they finally let me go *sigh* that i'll never forget.

Dancer huh? Good for you :) I have stories about that but we'll keep that for another time.

And I'm all for your adversity to Mustangs. I'm sure you have your reasons but mine are simply not caring for them at all. I think there is too much of a hype brought upon them and there are a number of other vehicles on the road I would rather enjoy.

And after all that I still say I would be glad and proud to call you friend *curtsies*

Rebecca Sims said...

I was curious and began to read some of your older blogs and thought I'd share a few scary similarities other than a love for golden flake chips...I've been in an abusive relationship too. And don’t plan on it ever again.
I have 2 tattoos combined into “one” what I drew out and can’t wait to piss my husband off by getting more.
I played the sax in band, and played in the Mississippi piano Guild for about 7 years.
I was bitten by the dog that I owned as a child. It was on my nose and I claim it as my “first piercing”.
I love to cook, am good at it, and love to cook for people. So come over when you are in town.
I was diagnosed with ulcers from stress while in the fifth grade and remember all that crap quite vividly.
I also hate giving gift cards because I feel like they're impersonal... but just like you, I love getting them.
Til you need a refill on fried tater slices-Rebecca