Thursday, November 4, 2010

Divorce Amongst Friends



"Faced with the Dodo's conundrum, 
I felt like I could just fly, 
But nothing happened every time I tried..." 


Let's face it - not all friendships last. Unfortunately, friendships are not the same as relationships or marriages. You don't get alimony and there wasn't a prenup.

So usually you are left with nothing.

I feel bad for those with mutual friends, but in my last friendship snafu breakup, I gave the mutual friends to the other person. (I'm generous, what can I say...?)

You know when you file for a divorce you must cite a reason for the split. And both parties must sign the documents acknowledging and understanding what is happening...


The world is full of good people -- they're all good people. There are good people that do bad things, and there are good people that do good things. But there are no bad people. No one was born bad. People just make bad decisions in life.

And you know what? Sometimes if you let those people go... if you let them turn and walk out the door and you don't call back for them? That's the best decision that you can ever make. Because the people that want you to run after them... hold onto them... beg them to stay? Nah. You're not worth their time if they're not even going to try to put you in their life. Let them go. You deserve so much better, little dove.

This message brought to you by scissors. Like... kitchen shears.

Photo of the Day:

xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Childhood, summer, air, running, longing. That photo reminds me of all those things, when i was just a little kid, looking into the horizon and just wanted to run and run and run...

Julia