Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wicked Little Things


"Now that we're all fat and happy, 
We'll be made into pies..." 



I had a bad day today. I'm frustrated with entirely too much and it's all building up in me. Of course, I can't actually say what's really bothering me for fear that those who it affects will read it. It's not something that should be brought to their attention via blog, you know? I owe them more than that.

Regardless, when I'm out of control, I fight to control what I can in my life. Today it was an X-Acto knife, antihistamines and Miller Light. Those are three things that I can control in my life. So I controlled them.

Those that know me know that Benedryl knocks me the fuck out. So a few of those + the 2 beers I had and I was passed out within an hour or so... slept like a rock while Twister played in the background. It was a good sleep. I needed it.

Upon waking everything is still the same, however. I haven't said the things to the people that I need to, but it did make me feel better to temporarily put the world on hold.

Control is a funny thing. There are some areas in my life where I absolutely must have control...  There are some things that I know I'll never get control over...  There are some things that I don't even want control over... It's crazy - the lines are blurred on where all of those things stand.

I can only hope that tomorrow is a better day... but then again - tomorrow is already a better day because it's finally the 14th... :)

Photo of the day:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tackle hugs, sweet lady. Here's to a better tomorrow.

Lisa Dransfield said...

The day I stop being there for you is the day I close my eyes forever. If I died and went somewhere far, I'd write your name on every star, so everyone can look up and see that your friendship means the world to me :-) x

Anonymous said...

*hugs* Control is a very funny thing. I'm constantly asking for the wisdom to know the difference between what I can and what I can't control. Sometimes you think it would be obvious but sometimes it's hard to let go and admit that you don't have control.

I will stop rambling. Hope tomorrow brought a better day for you!

<3

Erin (@hearthalfempty)

Melissa said...

*hugs* You know I adore you. If I happen to be one of the people you need to talk to about anything... just talk to me. Anytime. <3

Feel better hunnie!

<3 Melissa