Monday, December 7, 2009

The Beers Are Always Empty


"drinking by myself while everybody else
is passed out in the park
or going home in police cars..."

Last night I got a very strange urge to go back and re-read my journal entries. I didn't go back too far, I went back to last November and read up until August of 2009. It was kinda weird. I found the journal entry where I discovered Twilight... When I first blogged about Jackson, a whole bunch of Heathisms, when Matilda died, when I dyed my hair pink... and black... and cut it short... was kinda nice to go back and see things. Of course, there was also a lot that I had forgotten about and blocked out of my mind... like New Years Eve last year.

Swiftly moving on from Memory Lane... I guess we could rock down to Electric Avenue.

Two days ago Jennifer comes to me and says that she 'might have a place for us to live'. I said, "I'm not moving in with anyone else." (Just clearing that out before she gets any more "ideas".) She said, "no, no... it's an apartment." I asked where. She said 29th and Metropolitan. I told her that I was unfamiliar with KCK. (I know KCMO and the cities North of the river just fine, but I'm sooo new when it comes to KCK.) She tried to explain to me where it was... I can't remember if I was listening or not.

So then last night she comes home and says that we're going to look at this place.

She heard of it from one of her co-workers who had just moved in there... the co-workers cousin owns the building.

So we go look at this place and well... first impressions and all... eh. The lease for where we're living now is up in February so while I didn't express this to anyone but myself, I was really worried that we weren't going to have a place to live when it was up... I was scared we were going to have to move back into a hotel.

I was never fond of the hotel idea.

I never wanted to move into a place with anyone else either... just having a "room". Even while the common areas are just that... I, quite frankly, enjoy walking around the house in less than appropriate attire. I don't want to have to get dressed if I'm in the bathroom getting ready to take a bath and I forget something in my bedroom -- I would like to just walk down the hall naked and fetch whatever it is that I needed. I mean, I guess that I *could* do that here, but I just don't want to scare these poor people. ;)

So living with Laura and [sometimes] Mack was never in my grand plan. It's what was available to us at the time. It was the only opportunity that we had, so we had to take it. That's understandable. Things could have been a lot worse for us.

We've lived with Laura and [sometimes] Mack for 7 months... that's actually quite a long time for us considering our past moving history. We moved three times in 2009. Not something I'm proud of. This will make for move number 4.

The pros about this place is that there's only 4 people that live in the building... all female. (One has a boyfriend, I think... but whatevs.) It's right across the street from a school and a park, so it's a good neighborhood -- though I'm still lost on where it ACTUALLY is. We'll finally be living in our own place again.

When we moved out of the place we lived in at the beginning of the year (before we moved into the hotel) -- Jennifer forced me to throw away hella of our things. All my wine/drinking glasses, all my dishes, pots, pans, silverware, furniture, drapes, rugs, etc... so it'll be nice to start building that stuff up again.

I already have a vision for how I want the place to look... however... I'm having a hard time finding bean bag chairs...

The cons of this place... well, it's old. Very old. The carpet is stained... but, it's just carpet and I plan on getting some area rugs. Hopefully some very loud and colorful, tacky area rugs. :) It doesn't have a bathtub. :( That's a major bust for me. I love baths. The bathroom is insanely tiny and the mirror is a little bigger than 8x10. (That's fine, it can be worked around... I'll go buy more mirrors.) The closet space is... well... the mirror and the closet are about the same size. LOL I prefer the living room to the actual bedroom, so I think we're going to make the bedroom kinda the music/dressing room and make the living room where we actually sleep.

(I don't need an actual living room because I don't have friends and I don't ever have company come over...)

The front room, as we're now going to call it, is going to be badass when I get done with it. It's got really high ceilings and a fan in there... although, the string on the fan is so long I keep hitting my head on it. Heh.

I will post pictures, but it'll be once I'm done making it fabulous.

Everyone keeps asking me why I'm moving again... well, don't hold onto hope that I'm staying too long at this next place either. Nothing feels like home to me.

xoxox

1 comment:

The Illiterate said...

No friends? I may be several...hundred...ish...miles away, but we're still friends!