Friday, April 3, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For


"...you can talk about me, cuz I'm a hot topic.."

Insanely weird, awesome, random day yesterday.

Let me start from the beginning.

Yesterday I had an interview with a new coffee company here in Kansas City called Savvy, they're opening right across the street from a Starbucks downtown. Bold. Ballsy. I like it.

The interview went well, not sure if I'll get the job however. The manager said that the other people he had interviewed had more barista experience, but he liked my resume and wanted to meet with me because I had such an eclectic mix of things on it. That's an interesting way of looking at things! I really liked him and the owner...

So after that we went down to the Power and Light District to try and win Britney Spears tickets from Mix 93.3

They had a contest where you had to go into a ball pit, filled with balls and balloons and grab a ball with a 'B' on it and be out of the ball pit in 9 seconds or less... the catch? Blindfolded.

Gaaaah, seriously, that seems HARD, dudes. (Then again, if it was easy it would have been for some C-list band, not BRITNEY SPEARS.)

So I signed up to do it, just as a backup if Jennifer didn't win... I really didn't want to do it. So it's about half and half on people who are winning, obviously more people are losing the farther down the line it gets and we were almost at the half way mark, but closer to the front of the line. So this lady, I'm sorry... this ANNOYING lady who had been in front of us got into the ball pit, got a ball with a 'B' on it, and didn't get out in 9 seconds, so she didn't win the tickets... I'm like, MAN, this really is hard. :(

Jenn goes into the ball pit and it all just went so fast... she didn't get tickets... so then it's my turn. Ugh, I'm this big fat girl getting into a fucking BALL PIT for Britney Spears tickets... what the fuck is wrong with me? I'm retarded, I'm not going to win this, so why the fuck am I doing this?! God, I'm stupid...

So I get the low down on the rules, I get into the ball pit and put on my blindfold and then Jenn's all screaming at me, "over here, over here! there's one over here..." I'm picking up tons of random balls and then she's like "a little further, this blue one!" and I'm wanting to scream at her "I'm wearing a blindfold, colors don't help me here!!!!!!!" So finally I reach a little further and touch a ball and she's like, "THAT ONE!" I grab it, meanwhile -- I'm 5'8 and my foot was outside the pit the whole freaking time... LOL No worries on not getting out of the pit. LOL

So, in 9 seconds... blindfolded... I found a 'B' on a ball in a freaking ball pit and got Britney tickets.

This is a moment my mom likes to call "Jupiter in the twelfth house". When I was born, Jupiter was in the twelfth house which makes me exceptionally lucky by nature... I'm going to call her today and tell her what happened and the first thing she's going to say to me is "Jupiter in the twelfth house". Bet on it. ;)

So they hand me my tickets and Jenn and I are SUPER excited and the intern/street team guy from Mix is like, "can I take your picture?" and we're like, 'sure thing'... then all the sudden Swank, a morning show guy on Mix 93.3 says, "Oh, my god, are you Jodie Platz?!" and I was like "...yeah?" he goes, "we love your youtube videos!!!!!!!" and then he rambled off a bunch of different things from different vlogs of mine. (Mind you, I haven't vlogged since MAY 08.) Then he goes, "are you Jennifer?! She pushed you into the pool!" I'm bustin up laughing and he turns to me and says, "Oh, my god! I have to get my picture with you! You're like, famous!"

Meanwhile, I'm completely mortified... It's ironic and just goes to show the randomness of my life - I stop trying to make it and I get recognized. What the fuck?

As we're walking across the street I am replaying everything he said to me in my head and they were all pretty much backhanded compliments... (He was stoked to meet me, though. LOL!) I expressed my irritation at Jennifer to which she said, "would you be mad if Perez said something mean about you? All press is good press..." And I guess, I handled it like any other 'celeb' would. I was nice and polite and took a picture with him, to which, everyone was staring at me.

Like I said... mortified.

So finally we get inside the Sprint Center and get to our seats... they were pretty freaking great for free tickets if you ask me... you can see my pictures on my facebook and myspace when I get around to loading them up today... I'm currently loading my videos to youtube... so if you're not on my social networks, you can just check out my videos.

My review of the Britney Spears Kansas City Circus show...

Pussycat Dolls opened. I adore Kimberly. She's super awesome and hot... annnnnd, from Missouri! ^_^

Something weird happened with PCD though... when they started, there were 5 of them... and then after the first song, Melody disappeared. Maybe she was sick? Got hurt? I don't know, but it was weird... they didn't mention it, just continued on like it was nothing... heh.

They were great... twas the 2nd time I had seen them live. I loveeeer them. They sing live and dance their asses off. Sweet...

She had these circus performers that came on after PCD, but before she did and they were absolutely marvelous... better than most of the show if you ask me. These people are absolutely talented... there was a gymnast who did flips on a moving balance beam. I taped that, so check out the ol' youtube.

Britney was on for an hour and half... that's 30 mins more than the last time I had seen Britney with Jennifer... LOL Lip-synched the whole time... we knew this... barely danced. I was very disappointed in that. Called it "Kansas" two out of three times... only spoke three times. Rushed through all her songs...

Basically... when your opening act is better than you are... you have a problem. I just wish she TRIED... She kinda got spun around by all her dancers and mimicked the movements... Twas weird...

She had too many dancers... too much going on, there were times that she got lost in the chaos...

And now, the part that I'm obligated to mention. I am not sure if I mentioned it here on my blog, but I have mentioned it to my friends... her stage... Her stage was a direct page torn from the book of Justin Timberlake.

When her tickets first went on sale and I saw her stage set up I thought, "holy lord, this is exactly like Justin's." But being there in the presence of the stage moreso proved my original thought. Does it make you look good when you copy ANYTHING anyone does? Let alone Justin... especially when you're Britney... Just saying...

Three stages, chairs directly by the stage, VIP behind that... general admission behind that... moving screen/curtain... text before the show... collectors cups. If you've been to a Timberlake FSLShow then you know what I'm talking about.

Here's a pic I took last night of Britney's stage and here's a picture of Justin's stage:
(Click to enlarge -- SUPER HQ, I haven't had time to resize.)

(the other ring is on the other side of the PCD curtain.)



Jenn and I were happy we knew all the songs, though. I have her albums, but I hadn't gotten around to caring about all the songs on her latest album, so I kinda just picked and chose my favorites... same thing happened with PCD... luckily, I guess I picked all the right ones because they were the ones performed.

One great thing I have to say about the Britney show was the the lighting and the sound were superb. The lighting especially... absolutely incredible. Muchos props.

Oooh... a commercial for lasagna. Yes, please.

Hope y'all are well... thanks for reading about my randomness. :)

xoxox

Jodie Platz

PS - one more thing... how many more things do I have to start before I get to claim something as my own? Lyrics of the day? Check. Picture of the day? Check. Icon of the day? Check. I guess I still have playlist of the day to myself, but that takes so much time and energy and I feel that no one appreciated it.

3 comments:

kim said...

yeah thats why i didnt want to go see her..i dont want to pay over 2 or 3 hundred dollars for someone to lipsync..the whole show..i could see if you need to sometimes because you are dancing a lot during a certain song but not a whole show..plus i heard she hardly did any of her older songs..she not only copied jt's stage but christina had a circus theme from her last tour..i wish i would have seen her in concert back in the day..lol..saying that makes me feel old..glad you got to see her for free..pcd opened for christina too..they put on a good show..hope melody is okay.

Gemma said...

hopes u get the job... fingers crossed eh??

ur legging hanging out the balloon bit?? cheating!!! LOOOOL u shudnt be so damn tall LOL well.. they were free anyway and by the way u described the show.. i aint jealous any more LOL just dont go winning MJ ones or imma come and knock ya head off! haha.

anyways.

ya i love u ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments, girls!

Twas not cheating, Gem... they didn't say that I had to get ALL the way in the pit, just that I had to be out in 9 seconds. ;)

If you would go to the Britney show you would be so disappointed. Go see MJ... I won't win tickets to him, trust.

xoxox