Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Sledgehammer To The Face

So... I read a book. Well, to be honest, I read the majority of a book... for those of you who know me (or have read about me in interviews or what-have-you), you should know that I do not often pick up a book. I feel that I quite often do not have a lot of time to read and that when I do feel like reading, there is not often things that interest me enough to read 300 pages of it and even less often will it be something that will hold my goldfish of an attention span.

I read a small book (about 170 pages) called He's Just Not That Into You. Many have heard of this book, or at least heard of the movie that followed. I can now say that I'm one of those people who states things like, "the book was so much better than the movie." Ugh. I hate to say it, but it was true.

I didn't realize when the movie came out that it was based on a self-help book. I didn't realize how much this book could help my *self*.

There were moments in it that I wanted to slap myself with epiphany... moments in it where I wanted to cry from realization of past flame's... moments where I laughed aloud at the fact that I had ever been so stupid...

I highly recommend this book to everyone. Male, female - doesn't matter. Everyone should read this book. I think it should be taught in schools... I could have saved 10 years of horrible dating experience if I had read this book when I was 16.

These realizations are not easy to come by to say, "oh wow... yeah... he just wasn't that into me..." But I say, "well, that sucks." And now I move on. At least it is no more time wasted on someone who wasn't willing to waste their time on me...

And as the book says, I deserve better. :)

Go read this book!

2 comments:

Ms Josephine said...

And I recommend "Why men love bitches", check it out ;)

Unknown said...

Holy shit, I Googled that and it's an actual book - I didn't know if you were just trolling me. Haha!! I will check it out. :) Thanks!